Bad news

"Jel, are you even allowed to take me to work?" I asked as we pulled into the drive.

The filming studio was huge, and the parking lot seemed endless as we passed thousands of parking spots on our way to where Angel's work was. My best friend was interning as an apprentice for the assistant director of a new movie being filmed. Seeing as I finished my semester early, she didn't want me just sitting around the house so I'm going to work with her.

"Dude, there's so many people in there, nobody will even ask questions."

"Yeah but, am I allowed in there?" I asked.

"Yeah, why not? Besides, Michael is cool. And its not like you care. You're a shameless, brave little rule breaker aren't you?"

"Of course I am, why do you think you had such an awesome bachelorette party? And who's Michael?"

"Michael Bay, the director idiot."

I sighed as she pulled into a spot near the building and we got out, with me fixing my long, coffee brown hair in the mirror quickly.

"You mean Michael Bay who directed transformers?"

"Yes."

"Sweet!" I cheered.

We entered the building together and walked down a long hallway lined with industrial blue rugs. I counted 13 of them by the time we reached the door, and Angel ushered me inside.

What I entered was a large conference room. there was a long table accompanied by 12 black computer chairs. There was a middle aged man with short dark hair sitting at the head of the table, his back to us.

"Hey Zeke." Angel greeted, and we approached to sit down.

She sat to his left, and I to his right, two chairs down.

"Angel I have some bad news." the man said, not looking up from his iPhone.

"Oh God, what is it?"

I felt awkward, like I wasn't welcome in the conversation. So I looked down and played with a loose string at the seam of my black leggings.

"Emily walked off set today."

"What?!" Angel screetched.

I looked up at the sudden distress in my friend's eyes.

"She was too nervous, she couldn't handle the scenes with Jay today."

"Fuck! What do we do?"

"Well Charlene was our backup, but she's in the hospital with her husband. I guess he's got pneumonia or something."

With my head still down, I studied my grey, off the shoulder hoodie next. I loved this hoodie. It was soft as ever, and written on the front was my favorite movie quote: Yippee kai yay mother f*cker.

Yes, I'm a girl and I love Die Hard.

"Well then we're screwed!" Angel said.

I looked up at her.

"We're not screwed. We just need to find a short, tan, dark haired woman who can wear a size three, by noon. We're already almost a month behind schedule."

Then, the pair suddenly turned and stared at me. The look in my best friend's eye was all too familiar, and I began to shake my head vigorously.

"No no no. Don't look at me! I don't even fit into my size three jeans anymore!" I defended, getting up and backing away from the table.

"Wait, you think she could replace Emily?" the man called Zeke asked her.

"Dude, come on! When have you ever turned down a dare! And you would get to kiss a hot guy!"

"Yeah and have awkward fake sex with him! No thanks!"

"But you'll be in a movie, Mitch! Please?" She begged.

But before I could say no again, the door opened and a man walked in.

He was thick and lean, with deep blue eyes and a hard jawline. He had a five o'clock shadow and dark hair shaved close to his head. And his beauty was accompanied by an irrisistable Australian accent.

"Hey, sorry I'm late."

Holy hell, he was Jai Courtney.