Class

The next morning, Angel had the day off and I had class, so I was a little bummed that I wouldn't see Jai until later. The faint ache between my legs kept my spirits high as I replayed last night over and over in my head. It was not something I would easily forget, and hopefully not something that only happens once.

I knew that Jai was only in town for the duration of filming, and it was a difficult thing trying to predict what would happen next. He was a great guy, but would he want to stay in touch when he leaves town? Will he even want to see me again?

I glanced around the room at the 20 something students around me, making sure nobody caught me daydreaming instead of copying notes. Professor Brahki was a patient man, but not very tolerant. Although with my high marks, he usually cut me some slack here and there because he knew my intentions were good.

But as the door opened and a man in a grey jumpsuit stepped in, Professor Brahki set down his dry erase marker and leaned patiently against the board.

"Delivery for Michelle Boyd." The man said, reading a clipboard.

Me? I didn't order anything.

Professor looked at me quickly, seeing the perplexed look on my face, then nodded at the man. He walked back through the door, then returned carrying a bouquet of flowers. I raised my hand so he could find me, and watched as he carried it up to me, setting it on my desk.

When he walked away, I looked down at them. It was a dozen white roses wrapped in a satin ribbon.

I sniffed them, enjoying their subtle scent as the girls around me peered curiously.  Then, before I could set them back down, the man returned with more. This time, a dozen yellow roses.

Jealous whispers from the girls around me grew louder as I blushed madly, checking for a note of some sort. There was nothing.

The man returned again, this time handing me a dozen pink roses.

When I glanced at Carrie, the girl beside me, she was smiling enviously.

"You want one?" I asked with a grin, still wondering  what was even happening right now.

Professor Brahki rolled his eyes when the man returned with red roses this time, while I pulled a rose of each color and handed them to Carrie with a smile.

As the man approached, she looked up with wide eyes at him as if she'd just seen a ghost.

When I looked up, it was Jai!

"Jai! What are you doing here?" I said softly.

His adorable smile turned my cheeks as red as the roses he held, and his blue eyes sparkled.

"I didn't know which color you'd want, so I got all of them." He said, straightening his white V-neck.

I smiled up at him, taking the bouquet he held out.

"They're beautiful! I love all of them."

"That's good, I'm sorry if I'm embarrassing you right now."

"Um, it's okay. I'm just really surprised." I said, beaming.

Then I felt a tap on my shoulder, so I looked over to find Carrie smiling with wide, starstruck eyes.

"Will you ask him if I can have a picture?" She whispered.

I looked up at Jai, who was staring down at me with his big blue eyes.

"She wants a picture with you." I said.

"Oh yeah sure, come on." He said, nodding at her.

I snapped a quick picture of them with her phone and let her by me so she could sit back down. Looking up at Jai, he smiled.

"Can we hang out later? I'm done filming at 4."

"Okay. I'm out of class at 5." I said softly.

By now, professor Brahki had resumed teaching but the girls in the room were still gawking at Jai.

"I'll pick you up then."

"Sounds good to me." I said.

He leaned down and placed a quick peck on my lips before turning to leave the room. I sighed, looking down at the pile of roses on my desk.

"What am I gonna do with all these roses? They'll die before the end of the day." I said, mostly to myself.

"Well those yellow ones would look great in my kitchen." Carrie said with a shy smile.

"Here, then." I smiled, giving her the bouquet.

At least she was done for the day after this class, and would be able to put them in water.

"You know, I think it's teacher appreciation week. I saw a banner out in the hall this morning." Carrie said.

"Well, I'll give them to my professors then. Thanks." I smiled.

"So are you like, dating Jai Courtney?" She asked eagerly.

"Umm, no. But we've been hanging out a lot."

"You are so lucky. He's gorgeous."

"Yeah, he is." I said dreamily.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

After school finally ended and I walked into the dry afternoon air, I spotted Jai instantly. All I had to do was look for a crowd of girls.

And there they were, surrounding his rental Jeep, clamoring for his attention. Of course being the sweet guy he was, he kept them entertained with answers to their questions as I walked up quietly.

When he spotted me, he immediately stood up from the side of the vehicle and smiled.

"There you are." He said, making all the girls frown and protest.

"Here I am." I announced, shrugging my shoulders.

In my own eyes, I was nothing special. Just a girl with messy hair and a loose plain button up shirt that smelled like lab equipment. But to Jai, I was something more. The glint in his pale blue eyes revealed that he was happy to see me.

"What do you wanna do tonight?" He asked as I watched the girls disperse.

"Idunno, what'd you have in mind?"

"Well, I was thinking maybe we could order pizza and play some scrabble. Unless you want to go out and brave the women." He said with a smirk.

"If that's what you wanna do. What man in his right mind would turn down swooning women?" I asked, stepping in front of him.

His hands came up to rest on my waist as he smiled down at me.

"The kind that only has eyes for one I guess." He said softly.

His words stirred up the butterflies in my stomach, and I tried not to smile so big but I couldn't help it. This in turn made him chuckle.

"Well, I'm glad you feel that way. Although I'm not much of a catch. I do have to start an essay about the conservation efforts of coral reef."

"I can take you home if you'd like, I don't want to distract you." He said.

His gesture was so cute and selfless, I almost died.

"I do." I said with a small grin. "I can start it tomorrow. It's not due until next week."

"Well, in that case let's get going huh?" He asked.

I nodded, and he leaned down to give my lips a gentle peck before opening the passenger door for me.