Chapter twenty seven

Start from the beginning

Mom doesn't say anything so I decide to make my point clearer by lifting my sweatshirt over my stomach to show the small bump that had formed over the past few weeks. The bump that I'd gotten way too used to.

"You're not. Tell me I'm dreaming"

"I am mom"

"Was I that bad of a mother? That bad that both my daughters got pregnant when they were teenagers. I thought I was better than that"

I put my hand over her shaking ones "this wasn't you mom, this was us. Nothing you could have said or did would have changed it" I tell her "but mom I'm not sad about this, me and Ryder we have a plan, we know what we're doing"

"You do?" She asks her voice less stiff than before

I nod "now I just want to know if you're going to be an amazing grandma to our child as you are to Oli"

She grins and wraps her arms around me "of course I am" she moves back to look at me "Now did I hear you say Ryder is the dad"

I nod and she grins "I always liked that boy"

I laugh "now I really need to get ready for the housewarming party"

"We'll be ready for loads of questions when you get back" she shouts after me "I don't even know how far along you are"

"Four months" I shout back

"And bring Ryder with you"

I laugh.

Once I get to my room, I have a shower and dry my hair. I decide on wearing a T-shirt dress and leaving my hair straight. Thankfully it's not windy today so I don't have to worry about my dress revealing the bump. For make up I decided to leave it pretty natural.

Ryder text me that he was outside so I grabbed my things

Ryder text me that he was outside so I grabbed my things. "Mom I'm going" I shouted while I walked down the stairs. She came out of the kitchen a grin on her face "In sorry for throwing everything on you"

She shakes her head "Do I look upset? I know you'll be a brilliant mom sweetie"

"Thanks mom"

"So is Ryder outside?" She asks opening the door for me

I nod "but maybe stay here and let me tell him you know"

She nods an understanding look on her face "as long as he comes over for dinner some day"

I laugh "I'll tell him that"

"Have fun" she grins

"I will" I say and walk to Ryders car. Once I get in I notice Ryder wave at my mom who I turn back to see is frantically waving down at us

"Your mom seems happy"

"Yeah" I smile "actually it's probably just easier to tell you now"

"Tell me what?" He asks looking worried "Is the baby alright?"

I nod "the baby's fine, my mom knows about it"

"She knows?" He asks and I nod "how did she take it?"

"Really good actually and she couldn't be more happy your the dad" I laugh "she wants you over for dinner"

He grins " one down only a dozen more people to go" he puts his hand over my stomach "and then we don't have to hide you anymore"

I smile "you want to tell people?"

He looks up from where his hand is placed to meet my eyes "Tal, I want to shout it from the rooftops"

I grin "then that's what we'll do, just not today unless we have a death wish"

Ryder laughs and with one last wave towards mom we pull out of the driveway. When we got to Sarah and Mike's house mainly everyone was there. The gathering was being held in their back yard where they were having a barbecue.

"Hey" I grin walking up to Sarah. Ryder was standing behind me taking in his surroundings

"Hey baby buddy" she wraps her arms around me to whisper in my ear "I'm so nervous"

"Don't be" I whisper back "everyone's going to be so happy for you both"

"You think?" She asks

"I know" I say and push back "now where's the food I'm starving"

She laughs and directs her next sentence to Ryder "If your looking for Mike, he's in the basement setting up the balloons"

He nods "I'll go help"

The sun was setting when Mike and Sarah called everyone over to the porch. I stood towards the back of everyone and after a minute Ryder wrapped his arms around my torso subtly resting them on my stomach and lent his chin on top of my head.

"So as you all know we invited you all here for our housewarming party" Sarah nervously smiles "but there was also another reason"

"Instead of telling you guys we thought we'd show you" Mike continues

After a few seconds they lift up a big box and before anyone can tell there's hundreds of balloons floating in the air

"What happens next?" I whisper, guessing Ryder would know because he held

"Watch" he whispers looking up

After a few seconds all the balloons burst and countless amounts off photos fall out. I catch one of them to see it's a professional photo of Mike kneeling down and kissing Sarah's bump which is pretty noticeable

"We're pregnant!"