Chapter 24: Ooops

Rey's POV:

When I was done meditating, I decided to wake Finn up earlier than originally planned in the morning, so we can work on his ability to block people out of his mind as well he's able to enter other people's minds. He has a hard time getting to my thoughts thanks to the practice I've been doing. I have thoughts and memories I had to protect for the time being. However, he does surprisingly well at blocking me from seeing some of his memories as well. When we are done I leave to ask the staff for breakfast and to see if everything for later today is prepared. I unknowingly let my walls down, only realizing it when I feel Finn in my mind. I turn around to force him out of my mind and put my defenses up once more. Finn has a look of horror mixed with curiosity, confusion, and concern. 'Ooops' I think, I walk over to him, he is still sitting on the balcony.

I'm furious at him. "Finn, how dare you enter my mind without my permission. Enter someone's mind if out consent is a violation of privacy." He looked down, guilt written on his face." "Ray, I'm sorry, your mind was just open and I just wanted to know what was going on." I know he's been worried about me but that still does not give him the right, "Before you say a thing." I say as calmly as possible in an attempt to hide my anger. "You only saw tiny glimpses of puzzle pieces that were out of order, let me show you the full picture," He nods his head in silent agreement. I close my eyes and open my mind up to him. I press all my memories and feelings into his mind so he can fully experience everything I've been going through. I show him mine and Ben's entire story from our beginnings up to now, only leaving out the physically intimate dreams I've had. When I pull away, it takes a few moments for Finn to gain his bearings again. He opens his eyes and I can sense his understanding. "No wonder you were acting so weird and practically falling apart. Trying to keep all this to yourself so you didn't hurt anyone is just like you. Always looking out for others before yourself." He says. "I know Poe and I wasn't exactly being the most understanding before and I'm sorry but I am always here to talk if you need to. Even if I don't like what you are saying at first I will eventually get over it." He continues. I don't know if it was because he finally understood and everything was off my chest to someone else other than Ben, or if it was the hormones that started to kick in but I began to cry yet again.

Ben's POV:

I attempt to meditate as well but the thought of actually getting to touch Rey kept me distracted. After continuing to fail miserably I try to focus on the tasks at hand for that day; getting things ready, finding a place for the Falcon to land, and waiting in anticipation for my girl. I feel Rey's anxiety slowly starts to rise again and I start to worry. I reached out through the bond and get blocked. I grow frustrated and desperate, wanting nothing more than to make sure she is ok. I try again to check on her this time by trying to push my thoughts into her mind.

'Rey are you ok?' I ask her then I wait desperately for a response. 'I'm in the middle of a conference call to the Resistance. I am okay, just a little on edge about the trip today. I'll see you soon, love you, I have to go.' And with that, she blocked the connection. She didn't seem quite like herself and I feel like she is keeping something to herself. I really wish she would open up to people more when she is hurting; not that I am any better at it then she is. I just really hate knowing that she is not ok.