tour

i head out the door and receive my card. the card reads 'katrina carter" i head to the field and stand next to stephen.
"who'd you get?" he says
"katrina carter. do you know her?"
"no" he replies.
"i missed you this summer" i say to him
"i missed you too brandy bug" he says.
he always has little nicknames for me.
a girl heads my way. she's intimidatingly beautiful. silky, raven colored hair. she fills out her uniform in a way most freshman do not. she has on flawless winged liner and perfectly glossed lips. i glance over at stephen who is entranced by her. my own appearance isn't horrible. i look quite average in my uniform. i wear just the right amount of makeup nothing extra. but i've never had a boyfriend because stephens always been the one i want. but now i might have just lost him.
"are you katrina" i say.
"i go by kat but is whatever" she says with a slight sharpness that puts a tint of aggravation across my forehead.
"hey i'm stephen."
"hey stephen." kat answers.
"hey so my friend is throwing this party tonight. you don't have any plans ? i'd love to bring you." stephen says.
"i'd love to" kat says with an emphasis on the love.
"well we should get started! kat are you ready?" i say with assertiveness , as i am ready to exit this conversation.
"sure whatever" she replies.
the next couple of hours are brutal. i show kat to all of her classrooms and give her the general run down of things. i'm not sure if she listened to any of it. finally the bell signaling school to be over rings and we exit the building. i wave kat goodbye and wish her a good year. i see her run off. strait to stephen. stephen always loves shiny new toys and when he wants something, he gets it. our friend circle is considered the 'popular group' and steph definitely is the most popular guy. all of the girls drool over him. all of the guys want to be him. it's just how it is.
i head to my car. the silver malibu. blair jumps in jittering from the bang energy she has in her hand. it probably isn't the first one she's had today.
"hey bitch what's up!" she says followed by a "i took an uber this morning. you wanna hang out for a bit then take me home"
"sure lets do it" i say.
i've missed her i haven't seen her since this summer. and things were different between us last year when she hung out with all of her volleyball friends. she was trying for a scholarship when she tore her ACL and couldn't play again. she's still not fully recovered.
we head to the local coffee shop and i make her get a decaf. we sit and chat for a bit when we both get a text from TJ.
'party at my place tonight. bring friends. juuls are aloud only if they are used outside. 9:00 at 389 forrest ave.'
"you wanna come over to my place and get ready" i say.
"yeah" she says.