Chapter Forty-Five

Start from the beginning

"But didn't you hear the part about our hopes and dreams?" Fred asked, "Don't shatter our dreams, Olive."

The Ravenclaw chuckled, "I'm not. I just think that entering the Tournament when you're underage isn't a good idea, no matter the intentions."

George sat back and thought for a minute, "What if you just pointed us in the right direction? We'll do the rest of the work ourselves."

"Even if I did help you, it's not going to work." Ollie explained, "And who's to say there aren't others who have the same idea?"

"Well it looks like they'll be more helpful than you." Fred joked. Olive sent the older twin a look, opening her textbook back open again.

"If I point you in the right direction will you leave me alone about this?" Olive asked, looking between Fred and George with a hopeful expression.

Having some sort of silent communication, the twins stared at each other for a moment. George then turned to Olive with a grin on his face as he held out his hand for her to shake.

"Deal."

Olive shook his hand briefly, a satisfied smile on her face, "After dinner tonight meet me in the library. There are some books you ought to read before you get started."

Fred sighed, "I have detention tonight..."

"Detention? It's the first day!" Olive exclaimed, "And it's only three in the afternoon!"

The twins exchanged a mischievous glance. Reaching into his bag, Fred pulled out a large rusted key. Olive just stared at it, unamused.

"A key?"

"Not just any key, Olive." Fred grinned, "The key to Filch's office. During our free period Georgie and I decided to split up. He'd go with Lee back to the common room and work on our newest prank, and I'd go into Filch's office and steal his spare key."

"Why do you need a key to Filch's office?" Olive asked, "You're not planning to..."

"Hey, you don't want to be a part of it so we're not going to tell you." George shrugged, "But Fred got caught, so now he has to scrub the floors of the Great Hall tonight."

"Lucky me." Fred sighed, "But at least we got the key."

Olive just shook her head in amusement, "Just don't get caught, alright? The last thing you need is to land more detention when you're trying to enter your names to represent the school." The Ravenclaw shrugged, "And besides, you never know when your prank might get ruined..."

"The cat!" George remembered, "I forgot about that wretched thing."

Collecting her things, Olive got to her feet, "Seven o'clock, George. Library."

"Hey, what about me?" Fred asked, "Can't we do it tomorrow?"

"Tonight or never." Olive retorted, "You made your offer, now I'm making mine."

After dinner Olive sat quietly in the corner of the library, curled up in a chair as she waited for George to join her. She was writing almost feverishly in her notebook, continuing the story she had started the night before.