I jumped.

It was that kid from outside, the one with green eyes. I tried to be mad at him, I wanted to yell, but instead I found myself giving him a small smile.

"Unfortunately, you are," I said, pretending to pout.

He sighed and sat down on the bench across from me.

"I'm sorry about what those guys were saying out there. Most of them are complete dick heads," he picked at his jersey.

"Yet you still play with them?" I asked cautiously, lacing up my other skate.

He hesitated. "You know they're only making fun of you because they're scared."

I felt a slow grin spread across my face, "Scared? What could they possibly be scared of."

The guy scrunched up his nose, "Cool it on the sarcasm, Chase. And we both know they're scared to get their ass whooped by a girl."

I pulled my helmet over my face, obscuring my features. "Then just think of me as one of the guys."

He smirked up at me, "Will do."

"I'll see you on the ice, Jackson," I said, slipping out of the changing room.

//

"Jesus!" cried out a voice.

I leaned on my stick, staring at the doofus who had been talking shit earlier lying on the ice, breathing heavily.

"Well, I did tell you I could whoop your ass in a second," I smirked.

Someone laughed. And then someone else did. And soon the rink was full of chatter and chuckling.

I stuck my hand out to the guy on the ice, he gratefully accepted it.

We stood face to face.

"Next time I wouldn't judge someone based on wether they're a girl or not," I whispered to him, shoving his chest gently away.

"Got it," he muttered.

I glanced up and saw the kid with green eyes staring at me. A mildly impressed expression covered his face, his eye brows were raised.

"Damn, Chase," he mouthed across the rink.

"Fuck off," I mouthed back, unable to keep the giggle from slipping out of my mouth.

//

I was standing off of the ice. Getting a drink of water in the changing room.

I heard footsteps from behind me and turned slowly around.

It was him, again. He was leaning against the wall, sweat glistening on his forehead, his arms crossed gently, his helmet tuck beneath one of them.

"That was a pretty brutal body check," he mused.

"I did warn him," I muttered.

Percy broke out laughing, the sound made me smile.

We stood there for a second, neither one of us talking, just looking at each other, smirks spread across our lips.

Percy bit his lip and opened his mouth to speak, hesitating before he did so. "Would you like to go on a date with me? Or could I at least get your number?"

He stammered out the question.

God, he was cute when he was nervous.

"Beat me at this next game," I said, shrugging my shoulders, I walked past him towards the rink, bumping his shoulder as I did. I paused, my lips inches away from his ear. I whispered, "Then we'll see about that date."

//

Percys team lost, duh.

But even though he didn't win, I still indulged in that date with him.

What? He's funny, he's sweet, and he's such a dumbass. Exactly my qualifications. Plus, he looks ten times better not dressed up in hockey pads and with sweat dripping down his face.

I even managed to forget about that dick at the rink.

Needless to say, it was easily the best game of shinny I had ever played.

Ahhhhh. I really liked writing this one. Shinny hits home for me, and this one shot is inspired by some fun times with me and my cousins down at the local rink. Canadian things am I right? Anyways, I wanted to add some female empowerment in here too, so we have Annabeth being a badass like usual! This one shot is dedicated to my fellow Canadian and insane hockey fan, @tylercorreia4 , love ya ty ty. Don't forget to comment and vote! Thanks everyone!!!

-Annie