"Just Call My Name . . . "

Start from the beginning

"Y/N . . ." He began, looking down at you, "I'm so, so sorry."

You nodded, biting your lip and trying to keep your tears at bay. He reached out with his other hand and began pulling you into a tight embrace. "C'mere," he whispered.

Finally accepting his comfort, you allowed yourself to lean into his embrace and break down. As much as you needed to grieve the death of your pet, you hadn't allowed yourself to fully feel the loss. You'd been crying, but you had been trying to keep yourself from sobbing. Though, with the help of Michael's quiet sympathy, your emotions were finally pushed over the edge.

Michael's heart broke at the sound of your sobs. You were always a bright, lively, happy-go-lucky child. He'd never seen you cry like this before. However, that only encouraged him to give you as much comfort as he could. He knew what it was like to lose an animal that he'd grown attached to. When he was younger, he found a rat in his house, which he quickly befriended. Not long after, however, his father set traps around the house and eventually caught the rat. Michael was devastated that his friend had left him so soon.

"I just miss her, Michael," you cried, turning your head to look at a green shrub.

"I know, Y/N. You're gonna miss her for a while. She'll always be with you, though. She just moved up to Doggy Heaven," he answered, squeezing you tightly.

You squeezed him in return, letting a few more tears fall. "I know."

"She's gonna be okay, I promise," Michael continued, pulling away from the hug.

You nodded, reaching up to wipe some of your remaining tears. Michael reached out, grabbing a tissue from the tissue box. He leaned forward and wiped your tears, making a small smile tug on your lips.

"Thanks, Michael," you said softly.

Michael nodded, giving you a small smile in return. "We made a pact, remember? We're always gonna be here for each other. Whenever you're feelin' down, just call my name. I mean, just yell it out the window. I'll hear you from next door, and I'll be here in a heartbeat," Michael said sweetly, making your heart swell.

"You're the best friend anyone could ever ask for," you responded, "and you can do the same for me. I'll always be here for you."

His smile grew, making euphoric emotions erupt inside of you. Michael always knew how to make you feel better. No matter what the situation was, Michael never failed to put a smile on your face. Thinking about this caused butterflies to erupt in your stomach, making you frown slightly. The strange feeling was unfamiliar to you.

"What's wrong?" Michael asked, immediately noticing your change in expression.

You snapped from your thoughts. "Oh, it's nothing," you answered before changing the subject, "You know what I just realized?"

"What?" Michael asked.

"You're here! You're home in the middle of the day!" You said excitedly, making his eyes light up in realization.

"Oh yeah! That's what I came over here to tell you! We've been given a minor break from work, so I can spend all my time here!" Michael said, giving you a wide smile.

Your smile grew impossibly wider. "Really? Michael, that's such great news! Yay!" You cheered, pulling him in for another hug.

Unlike your first hug, this hug wasn't meant to comfort your saddened emotions. This was a hug of celebration and glee. Michael almost never got time off of work, so you were ecstatic to find out that he'd been given a break.

Michael hugged you tightly, laughing when you began rocking your upper bodies from side to side.

"How long do you have?" You asked, pulling away from the embrace.

"A few weeks!" He answered.

Your eyes widened. "Weeks? That's so much time!"

"I know!" He replied excitedly.

"That means we have all the time in the world to build forts, prank your siblings, climb trees, prank your siblings, ride our bikes, and prank your siblings!" You said goofily, making Michael burst into a fit of laughter.

"Don't forget pranking my siblings!" Michael added, making you laugh, "Including Jermaine!"

"Oh, come on. He's the easiest one!" You said, giggling uncontrollably.

Michael shook his head. "Erms is so gullible. It's ridiculous."

"It's perfect!" You flashed Michael a mischievous smile.

Michael returned the smile. "You're right. It's absolutely perfect."

Standing up, he held out his hand for you.
"Ready?"

You looked at his hand before tilting your head. "Ready for what?"

He rolled his eyes playfully before looking back at you. "To go plan our schemes for this entire break, remember?"

Your eyes lit up as you broke into a huge grin. "Of course," you answered, reaching out to take his hand.

After helping you up, the two of you ran into your house, preparing to plan your adventures for the break.

~~~~

There you go! That's the first imagine! Please, please, please tell me your thoughts! I want to know what you guys think! Do you like it so far? Should I continue with this? Let me know <3