Chapter 9

Katy's POV-
I see them rolling her out on the gurney to the surgery room as I hold Sue and we cry. She's staring at me. I can't stop crying. Looks like I have a few tears left after all. As she's staring at us, all of a sudden she says "stop." Sue and I stop crying, and stare at Emily on the gurney, along with the doctors pushing her. "I-I've changed my mind." She said. WHAT. I think. Does she wanna die? I get so scared. She says "I'd actually rather you pull my plug then to live with pain my whole life." I try to process what I've just heard. I then realize I want her to live instead. But without pain. But that's impossible. I'm so confused. I want her to live. "Emily!" I yell as they push her back into her room. Her mom and I start to cry. "She'll live without pain." Sue says. I look at her. I then nod, crying. Sue then bursts out tears. "I-I-I'm not gonna b-be a mom anymore!" She then cries as if she's never going to stop. I start to cry like she is.

Emily's POV-
Yes. I've changed my mind. I wanna die. I feel bad for everyone I am leaving behind. I especially feel super bad for my mom. She is going to have no one. My dad isn't here. He doesn't know what's going on, so he won't come back. Hopefully Katy stays with my mom or my mom stays with Katy so my mom has company. I wanna cry, but I know I'm strong, so I blink back the tears. "We're going to give you the 'resting' medicine in a little bit, sweetie." The male nurse says to me. I cry and say "okay." They smile and leave. Katy and my mom run into my room. They're crying so much. "I'm sorry I'm doing this to you, mommy. You too, Katy. I love you guys so much. I've lived such a wonderful life. It was amazing. All 15 years." They are speechless, because they're crying so much. Then, they calm down and say, "we love you more, Em. Your time with us has been fantastic. It was wonderful. We love you." We're all crying, now. Nonstop. They hug and kiss me probably exactly 7 times.
The doctors walk in an hour later. "It's time." They say.