Chapter 22: My Girl

Ben's POV:

I couldn't wait to see Rey again and if my timing is right and I activated the bond she should be in her suite. When I do activate the bond I see my girl, talking to Chewie and Finn about the plans for tomorrow. She opens a chest and hands each of them a small brown bag. "Where did you get all this money from Rey and how exactly are we able to afford to stay here?" Finn asks. Rey lets out a light giggle which nearly kills me again because it's too cute. "Because I know how to easily make friends unlike you." She says sarcastically putting a finger into his chest. Chewie laughs and roars a goodnight as he heads to his room. Rey sends Finn to practice his meditation in his room before he calls it quits for the night.

She turns around and her cheeks are redder than normal. "H...H...Hey!" She says all bashfully, I let out a laugh. "Why aren't you running over here like you normally do? You are acting like that one time when..." I say all jokingly until it hits me, I look down and I am not wearing a shirt. "Oh come on Rey, your acting as you've never seen me like this before," I say with a light chuckle as I grab my shirt and slip it on. When I look up she's running towards me with open arms. We hugged and I could swear I heard her mumble an apology under her breath. 'Oh my silly scavenger, what am I going to do with you?' I think to myself. She pulls away slightly but not enough to be out of my arms. "How are you doing?" She asks. "Cold and wet. It doesn't seem to stop raining here. I see you still have not told them yet." I reply as I watch her gaze drop to the ground as I mention the last part. "I kind of did but not really.''She says. "Hey, it's ok we will tell them together after we are back at the Resistance base," I say as I try to comfort her. I pull her closer to me as if she would disappear from me if I wasn't careful. We go over the plan for what feels like the hundredth time and then I let her go. As I watch her head to Finn's room to guide him through his meditation and my heartaches. I remind myself, 'Just two days at most, two days and then it will all be real.' I will myself as I close the bond.