ARC I-ACT V

When the days begin to become gloomier, darker, your plan of action had come into play again. With Jake happily gripping onto your hand again, you handed him off to Noah before promptly turning and rushing off towards the dense forestry that surrounded the humble home. However, with Isabella's heave gaze stuck on you, you couldn't help but grimace the chances and consequences of getting caught.

The plan was simple, one that had been begun many many months ago - during the fateful encounter with the corpse of a dear friend - sadly, with the fear of getting caught by the older woman's growing suspicion and surveillance; it was put on hiatus for the time being. That, however, came with a price, as nearly two months after the initial hiatus - the orphanage had bid their farewell to two older kids in the house - leaving Janesse to be the last twelve year old left.

Could she just survive another three months then she could live up to the title of the oldest child at the orphanage (since you could remember) - but something tells you she won't even see another month.

And so, with that in mind, you rushed past the thick bushes of the forest edge, skipping past tall trees and shrubs. Only stopping at the ridiculously short chain-liked edge that the woman had always warned of. 'Do not pass.' Your chubby, child-like hand gripped onto the rusted chains. 'It is prohibited to go towards the gate.' And with a huff, you jumped over - running towards the taunting walls.

——————————

Lively as ever, Don had rushed into the dinning room with a one of the younger boys on his back - the two laughing and squealing as they rushed to their seats, excited to get a much needed meal after a full day of playing and running about.

Beside the excited boy was a girl just a year older than him - Emilia, a girl who had grown a tight relationship with Emma and Gilda over the years, but struggled befriending the notorious Don and infamous Y/N. Her blonde hair was pulled back into a neat bun, much like Isabellas and her brown eyes would quiver at any anxiety-inducing situation.

Regardless, she was loved all around - and would love those around her equally.

"I don't think I did too well on the test recently." She hummed sadly, playing with the soup in front of her.

Norman and Emma, who had been having an enjoyable conversation beforehand, stopped to turn to the girl - listening to what she had to say. Ray hummed, sitting beside the duo and across from you - who also stopped to turn to the girl.

"What makes you say that?" Emma frowned.

Emilia sighed, placing her spoon down and shaking her head. "I've been feeling really frustrated lately, I'm not sure what it is. I guess it's just my brain playing tricks on me, right?" She laughed awkwardly, rubbing her nape.

Emma hummed and tilted her head. "What are you talking about?"

"Nothing, nothing." Emilia waved off, laughing at the tense atmosphere of the table. "I'm just being silly. Ignore me!"

You, having being forced to sit beside Emma yet again, quirked a brow at her - the girl emitting a strange sort of energy. It was easy to say that you weren't the best at holding relationships with people, friendships had never been your strongest fort after all, but reading people was no difficult task. Especially people who displayed themselves to you like open books; much like Emilia.

"Are you sad?" You asked her, trying to make your voice clear through the mouth of food. You realised only after speaking that it was probably a smarter idea to have swallowed first, but you couldn't go back now.

Emilia froze up, you having been the last person in her mind to have been likely to worry about her well being. With a gulp, she shrugged. "I wouldn't say sad just- just nervous?"