ARC I-ACT I

[I really recommend reading my multi anime crossover x reader story 'nothing lasts' if you like this one.]

On contrary beliefs of what one would call a 'perfect life', the perfect life of Y/N was simple and quiet. They preferred a life that was rather domestic, a life in a library room that they called their home where they'd spend hours upon hours just reading through the books and drowning their mind with knowledge and stories. Their perfect life was in the silence of the library room in the comfort of the wooden house within the greenery of a calming forest.

From the books they read; they wanted a cottage. They wanted a cottage where they could plant flower seeds around the home and grow vegetables and fruits. Maybe even a small river could be found nearby where they could go to kill time and just appreciate the wildlife.

They loved the idea of a silent life, calm, peaceful, alone.

"N/N?"

And yet...

"Yes Jake?"

Theywould never live with the fact they'd have to leave the younger ones.

Wide, marvellous blue eyes shone with so much wonder and curiosity as he stared at the bookshelf in front of him; after all, he's no older than two and had only just learnt how to talk.

He pointed his chubby finger to the spine of a blood red book, the letters of the title pasted onto it. He couldn't exactly read it himself, but he had always enjoyed it when the person beside him would for him - taking him on all these adventures and different worlds. It was a secret meeting between the two of you - as the sweet young boy who others spoiled and loved to the ends of the earth and the cold-shouldered Y/N who would often reject the mere thought of reaching out and getting to know others.

Others would find it odd how a six year old was so distant from the rest. But then again, they weren't a rare case, for Ray was not any different.

—but at least he had Emma and norman.

"Jake, I've already read that book to you three times." You sighed, looking down at the boy who, in return, tilted his head. "Do you like the colour? Is that why you always choose it?"

The boy blinked, obviously lost, then he turned back to the book and pointed again - a whine escaping his lips.

"Fine, fine. Come on, I'll read it to you again." You motioned to the painfully uncomfortable wooden seats in the library. They made your butt hurt after only ten minutes and the backrest would dig into your back, but for Jake and his excited smile - you'd manage.

As usual the boy had sat and listened to every word of the story, every syllable you told to him, and in his head (although jumbled) were pictures of vast lands and grand events. When finished, he smiled and hugged himself, his pale skin lightening in a pink color. He was happy - you liked that.

Dinner came around before either of them could do much more, and at the table, as always, Isabella urged you to sit with those their age - pushing you forth to the loudly chattering group.

"Mama I don't want to!" you whined, pulling away from the older women to go and sit with the younger kids again. There, they felt safe. They felt safe.

Despite this, the woman merely chuckled and continued to pull you towards them. "You must socialise with those your age Y/N! It'll be fun."

"I have enough fun with Jake and Anna!"

"Enough Y/N." The older woman spoke firmly. "They won't hurt you - they're your friends!"

Leaving the child no room to decline, the woman dragged one of the considerably heavy wooden chairs (the legs making a long, dramatic squeal as they were pulled) for you.