A Certain Condign Happening

—————————————————————————————————————————————

-(Y/N) POV-

It's half past six in the morning, and I've been up for quite a while now, since three o'clock. I had done quite a bit in the previous three and a half hours. I didn't intend to be up early, but I was, so I spent some time trying to keep myself busy. My attempt to keep busy involved making breakfast, looking through the project files again for anything I may have missed, getting a shower, and practicing summoning my black wings. Not necessarily in that order.

I had a bit of help with that last one, since Kuroka and Shirone were training as well. We spent time sparring one on one. My attention was drawn to the marks on the left hands of each sister. As it turns out, almost everyone remembered the meanings of the tarot cards, and Kuroka chose 16-The Tower, with the Roman numerals "XVI" on her hand. Letting something bad fall apart, in order to build something good and permanent in its place. She didn't tell me what part of her life she was letting collapse, but I had a theory that she meant the perfect devil experiments, and her being a stray. Shirone had "XIII" on the back of her hand, symbolising the thirteenth card, Death. It speaks of endings, but also new beginnings. Being ready to move on and leave the past behind.

After about an hour of training and sparring, it was six o'clock, and I decided to plan for the date that I was going on with Misaki and Shizuri. I had been on a date with both of them already, but was still quite in the dark about what they enjoyed doing. I was going to wear one of the outfits that Shizuri had me buy when she dragged me with her to go clothes shopping. Misaki liked the slow rides at the amusement park, like the Ferris wheel and the tunnel of love ride that we went on.

I honestly wasn't sure how to plan a date, and I was dragged around on my previous dates. I also wasn't sure if I needed to plan places for us to go. Since the fight with Kokabiel, we have had barely any time to be alone together, so as long as we're together, it should be fine. However, I would still try and find something nice for us to do. I wanted to do something that would make up for the lack of time we've had alone, and I realised I could start by doing small things.

I made my way to the kitchen at half six and started working. I checked, and both girls were still asleep. That left me with time to get their breakfast started, before they woke up. Index had woken up when I made my own breakfast, so I didn't need to worry about keeping this out of her hands. But she still came into the kitchen when she caught the scent.

Index: (Y/N), what are you making? Everyone else is still asleep, so no one needs breakfast yet.

She was leaning against the worktop with both hands on it. I could see the black letter "V" on her left one, showing her connection the the fifth card, The Hierophant. She and Kaori had a little argument about who got that card, but Kaori eventually gave in and took the High Priestess card instead.

(Y/N): I'm planning on making breakfast in bed for Misaki and Shizuri. We're going on a date today.

Index: No fair! How come I don't get breakfast in bed!?

I heard a voice answer her question, and I hadn't even realised that Kakine had walked into the room. I should probably be more aware of who is around me.

Kakine: Because your not going out with (Y/N), and you would eat a buffet of Touma's cooking if he made you breakfast in bed.

I heard a small squeak come from Index, and saw her grow a bit red when he said that.

Index: Why did you mention Touma in a talk about cooking for people in a relationship?

Kakine: Maybe because you like Touma? You two don't go anywhere without each other. Despite the times that I've seen you bite and try to eat him, me and a few others have noticed that you enjoy spending time together. It's become a topic of conversation around the house. "How long will it take for Index and Touma to get together?"