twelve

y/n pov

"oh my god." noah says as we approach the louvre museum.

"have you ever been here before?" i ask him.

he's been to paris before, the entire stranger things cast has, all together, but that was before my time. they did a lot of things together before i was there and all their stories are so funny. We really are like a little family.

"no, but i always wanted to." he says and looks at me, adjusting his sunglasses.

"well then, let's go." i say and we walk closer.

*****

that was the mona lisa, which is one of the most famous works of art in the world. i'm sure everyone has at least read about it in school or something like that. the louvre is so beautiful on the inside. i'm amazed at all of the artwork that's everywhere. 

"paris is my favorite place." i laugh as noah and i sit at this little cafe, which is very cliche. 

"i'm glad you like it. we never really got to enjoy it last time i was here." he says.

"well, now you can. how long do you think we'll be here?" i ask.

"i was thinking maybe three or four days, long enough to let us explore and then move on to the next city." he says and sips his coffee.

"okay, sounds good. i can't believe that this is the last season of stranger things." i say sadly.

"yeah, and that you and finn aren't in it. i don't know how it's going to turn out, both of you were such core characters that it's not like the storyline can just drop you. and finn...finn isn't even alive. god..so much has changed." noah says, putting his coffee down and his face in his hands. 

i reach out for him and caress his arm, trying to comfort him.

"noah-"

"no, no i'm fine. don't worry." he snaps.

"it's okay to feel sad and to grieve, finn was your best friend." i say quietly.

"i know, i'm okay, i go for days without feeling it and accepting, but sometimes i can't stop thinking about it." he explains.

we stare into each others eyes and i stand up, walking over and wrapping my arms over his shoulders from behind. he holds on to me and we slowly rock back and forth. i kiss his head and return to my seat.

"ready to go?" he asks, his head snapping back up.

"yeah. are we going back to the hotel?" i ask. 

it feels like time has just stopped but, it's been hours since we finished at the louvre. we already upheld the tradition of getting dessert late at night, we're both exhausted, so i think it's time to finally head back to the little airb&b we rented out.

noah nods and we stand up. he goes up to the counter to pay for our dessert and coffee and when he get's back, we begin to walk down the sidewalk. we found a spot pretty close to where we're staying, so all we have to do to get there is walk.

the stars shimmer in the sky as noah and i walk along the road. it's beautiful here in paris, especially at night. nothing could ever compare.

*****

"eww.." i say to myself as i remove my makeup.

i can't lie, i'm looking pretty rough. all this traveling has not been kind to my skin or hair. all i need is a nice long shower. i turn the water on and wait for it to warm up. noah finishes doing whatever and closes the door behind him, kissing me on the way out. 

the warm water washes over me and i'm instantly relaxed. this is what i needed. i wash my hair and my body, but i also just stand there, letting the water fall all over me. i tried not to pay attention to how i looked, but sometimes i just can't help but feel guilty for it all.

i turn the water over and wrap myself in a towel, brushing my hair out and opening the door. noah lays there on the bed, the tv turned on, completely passed out. i walk over and ruffle his hair before going over to my suitcase to find something to wear.

once i'm done with changing, i slip under the covers and lay my head on noah's chest. it feels like we're synced up, our heartbeats and everything. my eyes begin to droop and i can feel the sleep setting in. 

goodnight paris.

a/n -

;

<3 lilia