23 - A rabbit high on helium?!

ابدأ من البداية

"Hey Casey, whassap?" he asked nonchalantly but I could see that he looked a little guilty. Why, is beyond me. I should be the one who should be feeling guilty.

"Hmm... Hi Nate. How are you?" I asked sitting on the foot of his bed. He raised his eyebrow at that.

"I am good?" he answered confused and then we both sat in awkward silence. "Did you come all the way here to just ask me that?" he asked amused. I looked at him with narrowed eyes.

"Why? Can't I come and see my boyfriend when I want to?" I asked and he looked at me more guiltily.

Great going you idiot! Call the boy you are breaking up with your boyfriend. Absolutely great.

"Nate, I need to tell you something." I finally said with a sigh and he looked at me with a serious expression now. "But before that I need to apologize to you. I need you to know that you aren't the reason for my decisions. I am really sorry for-" he cut me off by jumping up from his bed and his hands in his hair and a distressed look on his face.

"Casey, I cheated on you." he blurted out and the next word on my tongue froze. What?

"You did what?" I shouted out aloud.

"Okay. It came out wrong. But I was about to cheat on you." he admitted, sounding resigned. He slumped on his bed beside me.

"Almost?" I asked confused.

"Yeah, I was having a good time with her and it was like in the moment thing. I was about to kiss her but then I remembered you. I couldn't be a jerk to you. You don't deserve this kind of shit from me." he said sounding miserable.

I now realized why I agreed to date him in the first place. He is the most gentleman kinda guy I've ever met. He is always sensitive to others feelings. I smiled at him to ease him off his misery.

"Who is the girl?" I asked with a smile and he looked at me with wide eyes and a confused look on his face. He looked at me wearily but then realized that it is safe to give out information.

"Ashlyn. She goes to Silverstone high. She is also in the student council." He said with a blush, but his eyes held that admiration in them.

"You are blushing." I pointed out and he blushed darker.

"No I am not." He said, a smile threatening to fall on his lips.

"Sure." I said rolling my eyes.

"Are you fine about this?" he asked after a while. He sounded scared and guilty again.

"About that. I came here for the same reason." I said and now it was my turn to look at him with guilt.

"Sam." He nodded his head in understanding.

"What? How did you know?" I asked with a gasp.

"Isn't he the actual reason why we got together in the first place?" he asked rolling his eyes.

"But, I was fine for a while. I thought I lost my feelings for him." I admitted.

"Well, I didn't. Everything about you changes when he is around." He said with a shrug.

"But I haven't done anything with him." I said with my hands crossed across my chest.

"Figures. I know you wouldn't act on it as long as you are with me." he said leaning back on his bed.

"Yeah, but it still is very shitty. I mean he is your brother. The brother who you are not in good terms with." I pointed out and he just shrugged.

"I know we don't have good relationship. I know that he hates me. But he is still my brother." He said with a small smile.

"Why am I leaving the matured brother for the idiotic one?" I asked exasperated and lay down beside him.