Chapter 34: Stop the Monster

Yusheng scowls, hearing his name. He was just about to ask why he was stealing from the commander when someone rings the bell. The sound resonates across the silent night, alerting the students to quickly gather in the main courtyard. Yusheng curses, releasing Liwei. Because of this bastard, he had dropped the wine right in front of the commander and had woken him up. But its okay, he didn't see his face. Everything should be okay as long as no one says anything.

"Don't you dare tell the commander I was the one who dropped the alcohol. If you do," Yusheng begins in a deathly cold voice, only to drag the knife against his throat as a warning. 

"Your dead." He says before running off in the direction of the courtyard. Liwei spits the bloody saliva from his mouth, before wiping the small beads of blood running down his neck. He frowns as he looks in the direction Yusheng had gone. 

"I know this isn't you..." he says in a sad voice before he heads in the same direction.

                                                                                                      ***

"Urgh why are they ringing the bell in the middle of the night. My precious beauty sleep." Liu Ming says with a yawn, rubbing his eyes. Bohai, on the other hand, was on alert.

"You don't think something happened to Yusheng do you? He was not in the dorms when we left, meaning he hadn't come back from selling the goods." Bohai asks as all the students start together in the courtyard.

"Oh come on. This is Yusheng were talking about. His done this many times. Straight there and straight back. Look his right there," Liu Ming replies, running up to Yusheng.

"Yushenggg, Bohai over there is doubting your abilities. He thinks the bell was rung cause of you. Ridiculous right." Liu Ming laughs as they get into their dorm lines. Yusheng merely grunts in response, unsure of just what was going to happen next. Other teachers were also making their way there, confused as to what was happening. 

Everyone knew that only a rare few could ring the bell and when it was rung, it meant that everyone had to gather in the courtyard. But who on earth had rung it in the middle of the night? 

It was only when everyone saw the fuming face of the commander at the front that everyone stopped chattering and quickly gathered in their required locations. The older student who had given the task of stealing the alcohol looks across at Yusheng with a scowl, worry seeping in. 

'Don't tell me he screwed up. If he goes down, I go down to,' The older student thinks, his hand turning to a fist. 

Snarling the commander yells across the gathered students. 

"Someone. Someone has dared to not only try and steal something from me, they even dared to attack me while I was in bed."

At this, everyone suddenly stopped their silent chatter, wondering who had dared to do such a thing. Or rather, was brave enough. No one in their right mind would attack the commander. Though he seemed fine? Not a single wound to be seen. If they had known the commander had claimed to have a white sheen thrown and tied around him as an attack they would have struggled to stifle their laughter.

"We can do this the easy way or the hard way. Either you come up now and confess for your crimes and get a more lenient punishment or when I do find you, oh and I do promise I will, I will make sure you regret you were ever born." The commander snarls, eyeing the boys as he talked.

Yusheng fists tighten, thinking of his options. After a quick run-through of his options he decided to stay silent. His main problem was someone ratting him out. There was only 2 people who knew of this. The older student and Liwei. He knew the older student wouldn't rat him out, afraid that he might say the older student was the one who asked him to do it. Then there was that strange wimp Liwei, but he was also stealing. So there was no way he would come forth.