Chapter 30: Just An Injury

Start from the beginning

His eyes wandered down to her shirt." You're not well.. Are you?"

"I'm doing great. Tom you really shouldn't be here, wandering about -" she protested, but he grabbed hold of her shirt and pulled it.

Emily widened her eyes and quickly clutched his hands tightly, stopping him from going further up. She didn't did it just because she didn't want him to see her wound, but also because he is a boy and the action is a bit...

Emily blushed rosy pink. This wasn't the time to feel this way, but she can't help it. "I said I'm alright," she pushed his hands away and he let go.

Tom moved closer. "You know.. You're a very bad liar," he took hold of her shirt again and pulled it straight up, exposing all of her stomach.

"Who did this to you?" he snarled, examining her wound.

"It's nothing! I did it by myself," Emily tried to cover Ignatius desperately.

"And when did it happened?" he spoke dangerously, as if he was going to attack someone.

"Last week's detention.. It's nothing!" she forced a comforting smile but it didn't work on him.

"Wasn't Ignatius Prewett with you?" he questioned her.

Emily felt his fingers tightened around her shirt. This wasn't very comfortable.

"We were suppose to be quiet but I blew his whistle.. And something attacked me. But I'm alright! The wound will be healed.."

He released her shirt and paced around her, forcing Emily to stand in an invisible circle.

"His whistle.. Ah yes. Its very loud, isn't it? A sharp piercing comes out from it if he blows it.." Tom said thoughtfully, "And do you want to know a fun fact about it, sweetheart?"

"Tom, this isn't really the time to know about enchanted whistles! I need help from you -"

He ignored her and continued, "The whistle can only be used by him. And that meant it was his fault, isn't it?"

"You mustn't let anyone know! I-" Emily stopped talking abruptly and fell to her knees, withering in pain. More blood gushed out, making the bathroom floor a dirty brown.

"Emily!" Tom snapped out from his thoughts and rushed to her side,"I'll get help from the infirmary -"

"NO! You mustn't!" she grabbed hold of his robes,"We mustn't expell Ignatius, please!"

He kneeled beside her, "And why? Why not?" he suddenly spoke aggressively, frightening her.

"Because I promised him. Please, Tom! Please I beg you," Emily held onto him tighter.

He looked grave, and she urged him to do something. "You have to fix my bone, so that the professors won't suspect that it's a creature's damage.."

"Take off your shirt," he ordered her.

Emily looked up at him, flabbergasted. "What?"

"I said," he repeated, "Take off your shirt."

"But - oh alright then," she unbuttoned it and looked away, embarrassed. This was the most awkward moment she'd ever have to been through.

"It'll hurt a bit," he took her hand, "But I'll try putting it back in place," Tom reassured her.

Emily nodded and clenched her jaw tightly as he counted slowly, pointing his wand at her wounded area.

"Three, two, one -"

She screamed so loud that it blocked his voice. It was so full of pain and despair that her neck started sweating so badly.

There was silence after that. Emily looked up at the ceiling, tears brimming from her eyes.

"Help me.. They won't suspect anything now..." she gasped, clutching onto her shirt as he helped her pulled it back on.

Emily didn't even have to feel embarrassed when he buttoned it up again, his slender fingers caressing her stomach.

Tom scooped her limped body and carried her all the way until he reached the doors of the infirmary.

The patron was confused, but she believe every word Tom said, and they were all lies.

"Tom.. Please stay.." she mumbled the words out after they gave her some treatment.

He looked down at her and sat down at the foot of her bed. He caressed her stomach to make her feel better. How he watched her screamed in pain. Tom wouldn't forget that face. What if someone crucio her? It could be ten times worse than that.. And - what if she dies?

"Tom. I love you..Happy valentine," she gave him a dry smile and pulled out a flower for him.
He gently took it and prepared himself to leave.

"Could you bring Connor here? He'll be worried," Emily added before he go.

Tom scowled at the statement. "Of course.. Connor Marshall,"he spat out the words like it was a curse.

"Thank you," she smiled and took his hand. Emily wrapped her fingers around it and let go after a short while. He bent down and kissed her forehead, traced his fingers on her stomach and went off, not planning to call the hufflepuff at all. Tom was much too selfish to do that.