(𝟎𝟎𝟗) ༄ 𝐢𝐧 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞

:・゚✧*:・゚✧ TODAY WAS THE DAY that luke and bill were finally going to meet each other after months of talking to each other

:・゚✧*:・゚✧ TODAY WAS THE DAY that luke and bill were finally going to meet each other after months of talking to each other. it wasn't in the way that luke hoped but he was just overall happy with seeing bill. he was packing his things for his uncle's and aunts when his mom came into his room, knocking on the door.

he peeked up at her with a large grin, throwing his backpack over his shoulder, his suit case by his side. ❝ you ready, muchacho? ❞ his mother asked while ruffling his hair. he nodded, that grin still on his face. ❝ yeah, i'm ready. kind of nervous, though. ❞ he admitted softly as he messed with his backpack straps. she walked over to him, her heels clicking on his wooden floors.

❝ to meet that boy right? ❞ she asked as while held onto her shoulders. he nodded. ❝ he's not just 'that boy', mom. i-i like him, a lot. what if i say something stupid? ❞ he panicked, while a hand through his hair stressfully. his mother only rolled her eyes at his words. ❝mijo, i know you. and you've definitely have said a lot of stupid things and if he isn't gone now, he won't be gone anytime soon ❞ she lifted up his chin as she pecked his cheek.

a small blushed formed on his cheeks as he nervously looked at his mom's eyes. ❝ thanks, mom. te amo ❞ he hugged her tightly before nodding. ❝ te amo mas, pequeno ❞ she chuckled before walking out his bedroom. he followed after as he quickly sent a text to his group chat with peyton, callie, and elise, warning them that he was on his way to derry. they, of course, wished him good luck.

he felt like he needed it.

after what felt like hours and hours of driving from his saco to derry, his mom pulled up to his aunt and uncle's house. she turned her head over to luke, pressing a gentle kiss to the top of his head before unlocking the car door. ❝ ya, andale mijo be good ❞ she smiled as she waved him off. he nodded before blowing her a kiss and walking up the steps.

his heart felt like it was trying to break out of his rib cage, shaking his head. come on, lukas. just breathe, he thought as he sucked in a deep breath before walking into his aunt and uncle's house.
❝ tia? tio? ❞ he called out as he went up the stairs to the guest bedroom that he stayed in frequently. he nervously got out his phone to call bill for the first time. he knew that bill had a stutter so he was sort of excited to hear it.

after three rings, a soft voice answered the phone. ❝ h-h-hello? lukey? ❞ ahh, those words sound even better hearing them come from him, he thought to himself. ❝ hi peaches.❞ he blushed as his teeth practically devoured his bottom lip. little did he know, bill was also freaking out on the inside when he heard a kind, gentle voice flow through the phone.

❝ are y-y-you here? ❞ he asked, glancing out his bedroom window. lukas hummed as he let out a nervous chuckle. ❝ yep, i'm here. is there... anyplace you'd like to meet up at? ❞ he asked while wiping his clammy hands on his black jeans. bill silently squealed to himself as he bit his lip, slipping his shoes on. ❝ how about the b-b-b-blueberry park? if y-you know where that is ❞ his stutter became more prominent as his nerves increased.

lukas chuckled as he thought the stutter was beyond adorable. ❝ i do know where that is. meet you in 10? ❞ he asked as he grabbed his gift for bill that he has stashed away in his backpack, walking back down the stairs. ❝ see you, lukey ❞ he said lowly as he began to walk to the park, his heat on his cheeks keeping warm in the cool weather.

❝ see ya, peaches ❞ he grinned happily as he practically skipped downstairs. he saw his aunt and uncle chitchatting in the kitchen.

❝ tio, tia, voy a ir al parque a encontrarme con un ... un chico lindo ❞ he told them as he gave them both a nice and gentle hug. his tia gave him a grin, patting his back. ❝ you got it. be back by 10. ❞ she pinched his cheek as his tio gave him a thumbs up. he chuckled at their supportive attitude as he began to walk to blueberry park.

it toon a few minutes to get there but once he saw the sign hanging above the archway to the park, he felt his heart race up once again as he held his little gift behind his back. he looked all around the few kids and parents that were there, trying to find that head of reddish tint brown hair that looked so soft.

10, 15, 20 minutes passed by and bill still hasn't gotten to the park. had he gotten lost? lukas through. but no, he's the one that suggested this park.

just when he thought that he wasn't going to show, he heard that soft voice he heard from over the phone just half an hour ago. ❝ lukey...  ❞ bill whispered out. luke turned around slowly and saw that gorgeous face he had been waiting to see in person for months now. his eyes watered as he lunged forward to capture bill in his lanky arms, pulling him close to him almost dropping his gift.

❝ peaches... ❞ he whispered back as he buried his face into his neck, holding onto him. bill let out a shaky chuckle, snuggling into his warm sweater, letting a single tear fall. ❝ it's really you, huh? ❞ he asked him as he pulled away slowly. lukas shrugged his shoulders. ❝ maybeeee..." bill giggled at his silliness. he smiled as he felt like he couldn't stop once he heard that soft giggled. it was cute and small just like bill.

❝ i-i uh— i got you something, peaches... ❞ he told him slowly as he showed him the small black box. bill furrowed his brows as he looked at it. ❝ you're not proposing, are you? ❞ he joked. not yet, at least, lukas thought before slowly opening it up for him to see. bill gasped at the ring that was inside. it was a silver ring that read in cursive, 'b+l'.

lukas took it out of the box and slipped it slowly onto bill's ring finger. ❝ for you, and um— i have one too ❞ he showed it to him, hoping that he would get some sort of hint that he wanted this to be more than just a friendship. bill looked at it in awe and looked slightly up at bill. ❝ i love it, lukey. it's beautiful.. ❞ he whispered before slowly reaching for his hand.

his fingers intertwined with lukas's, the feeling so warm in this cool weather. he didn't want to let go as their hands fit perfectly together. ❝ so are you, peaches ❞ he whispered out as he looked down at their hands before looking into bill's eyes.

❝ promise? ❞

promise.