'This is more than just a hiccup Paige!' I said a little shrilly. I saw her recoil back on my phone screen and instantly I felt bad.
'Sorry I didn't mean to put you down. I will talk to him eventually but just not right now. Besides, I know it sounds petty but..I just wish he would try a little harder than a few phone calls and texts.'

Instantly Paige's face softened.
'Hey I get it and I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking.'

Paige glanced at something off screen and winced.
'Bad time I know but I need to leave to meet Matt. Can I call you later?'

'Sure. Speak later. Have fun at your science evening.'

I rang off and plugged my phone into the charger at the side of my bed. Now I was all alone I didn't really know what to do with myself. Lindsay wasn't going to get home for another hour or so as she had to work late. I could hang out in Taliah's room but she was in one of her stressy moods. I've heard her throw things at the wall and scream "that's it I'm not going!" going about five times already. It was best I stayed clear of that.

Nora had given me strict instructions that I wasn't allowed to bother her because she was downstairs watching Dr Phil, so I guess I'd just have to entertain myself for a little while.

I glanced over at my desk and my eyes landed on my art book. With help from Ms Stevens I managed to submit everything I needed for the Goodwin art scholarship yesterday. I was storming ahead with my 'Nightmare' art project because of all the extra time on my hands and pent up anger, so I didn't really have to do much this weekend, but I guess whilst I was waiting for Lindsay to get home I could sketch out this painting idea I had.

I pushed myself off my bed and sat down at my desk. I quickly got up my Pinterest board and the pictures I'd taken at the weird and wonderful store, then I began sketching my idea onto some paper.

The idea I'd been running with so far into my nightmare project was the idea of being trapped. To be honest I'd become a bit obsessed with the picture I'd taken of the doll trying to escape the bird cage. It was like it was stuck with me for some reason.

I sketched out a girl standing in front of the mirror. Even from behind I could tell she was beautiful, she was also neat as a pin without a hair out of place. However, her reflection showed the opposite of her. That girl was banging against the glass in distress. She was trying to escape but she couldn't, she was trapped.

I got so engrossed in my sketch that I almost jumped out of my skin when I heard the knock at the front door.

'I'll get it! It'll be Lucas.' Taliah shouted from the opposite side of the landing.

That was fine with me, it meant I didn't have to get up.
I was trying to get my focus back onto the sketch again but I couldn't help but be distracted by what was going on downstairs.

'What do you want?' Taliah said with an edge to her voice. I frowned at her bluntness but when I heard a male voice reply I understood.

'Come on Taliah I need to speak to her.' The boy pleaded.

I got up from my desk and made my way out onto the landing. From here I could only see Taliah as she was blocking the small gap between the door but from her body language, she didn't look happy.

'I don't care what you need.' She said with one hand on her hip and the other gripping the door.

All of a sudden Nora appeared by her side and burst out laughing.
'Burn!' She held her hand up for Taliah to high five forgetting that she was a ghost only I had the pleasure of seeing.

'Taliah who is it?' I called out as I made my way down stairs.

She turned around to look at me but didn't open the door any wider for me to see who it was.
'It's no one .'