CHAPTER 6: MYSTERY GUY

Start from the beginning

***

"Kat, it's meeting time" Jake entered my room.

"Me! In the meeting?" I asked dumbly pointing at me.

"You are now one of our family member so you have to attend the meeting. Now let's go" he grabbed my hand and lead me to the living room. We took our seat while Neel stood in front of us. Nick came and quickly took a seat beside me when he saw Seb coming towards me to sit at my other side. Nick showed his tongue to him while Seb rolled his eyes and took another seat. Others came shortly and joined us.

"Care to explain why disturb my sleep this morning. "Alex asked with a yarn.

"It's fucking 8 o'clock dumbass" Seb commented.

"Yeah, it's only 8 o'clock" Alex defended. I saw Neel making his way toword the door scratching his forehead.

"Mr wounded man" I called him. He stopped dead in his track. He turned and was about to say something to me but Ryan cut him. I exactly know what you wanted to say 'don't call me wounded man.'

"Where's going dude?" Ryan asked.

"To wait for their argument to die down" he replied.

"Ok, sorry. You may proceed so that I can get back to sleep" Alex replied.

"Oh, that, I am afraid, you can't right now"

"Why?"

"Because we are going back to Malicate"

"Why Malicate?" Jake asked but I cut all their conversation. Malicate, no. I can't go back to Malicate. That's the place where everything started. I don't want to go there. It's like my nightmare is becoming true. "No, this can't be happening" I whispered to myself. I could feel my eyes becoming glossy.

"What?" Neel asked. I looked at him.

"K-Kat, are you ok?" He asked. No!

I opened my mouth to say something but can't find my voice, instead I nodded weakly.

"Then why are you still shaking like this?"Nick asked from beside me.

"I-I-I d-don't sha-shake" I can't even able to complete the words. I found difficulty in breathing. No this can't be happening. After 2 years, I am again having a panic attack. 'control your breath K' I told myself. I counted my breath. Slowly I came to my senses. Neel handed me a glass of water. Thank god that was just a mild attack.

"Are you are right?" He asked removing the stray hairs from my face. I nodded.

"Iam fine. Can I go to my room?" I said. Without waiting for their answers, I went to my room.

***

"Come in" Neel's voice came from his room when I knocked on his door. He looked at me zipping his bag closed.

"Neel...I-"

"Wait! You call me Neel." He asked, surprised.

"Yeah! That's your name" I said in duh tone.

"No. I mean no 'wounded man'" he said air coating the words. I gave him a pointed look.

"Seriously if you are so in love with that name then I will call you'wounded man'" I said air coating his mocked name with two fingers.

"No, I hate that name, beside, my name from your mouth feels so... good"

I bet my cheeks would have got a slight pink or red or something like those shitty colours.

"You looks cute when you blush" he commented smiling at me.

"Shut up" I said. Now I know my cheeks had got a darker shade judging by the heat on my cheeks. He chuckled. I turned back to get out from his room but he stopped me by calling my name.