Sins of our Father

Start from the beginning

He looks like he doesn't care about what I have said to him. Actually, I lie to him. Of course that photo is a precious one which I really care about.

Once he said me that that photo was the best photo he has ever taken and still, I believe his words. That's why, I cannot forget that picture all my life. It reminds me of him every time when I see it on my desk.

'Why are you really here Andrew? You haven't come to visit my office before. I know this isn't your style. You always like to call people whom you want to have a talk with.'

He starts to smile. 'You are right about that. Okay, I have to talk to you, so I paid a visit to your office. Next week we will have a big business trade with some people from Turkey. They need some medicines and we are giving the medicines that they want in good price. I want you to make double check everything about the arrangement. I will text you the details from PC. Let me know if you see any mistake on prices that I could miss. This business is very important for us, you get me?'

'Of course, I will check everything and if I see a problem in numbers, I will let you know.'

He thanks me and leaves the office. So, we are going to make big trades with Turkey. That will be the first time as I know. I wonder if he still lives in Turkey or not. Maybe he has gone to a different place and started a new life in there. Why does it take so long for him to make a plan for us? Did he really abandon me?

After about half an hour, I look at my mails and see that my boss has already sent the documents. I open the mail and start to read it. It is a long list which includes many medicine names that I haven't heard it before. Everything in the arrangement looks normal. There aren't any problems in numbers, but wait a minute. When I come to the last page of the document, the numbers which show the total price of the products are extremely big. There must be a mistake. I don't believe that any corporation can effort that price in Turkey, maybe even in Europe.

I spend my all day looking into pages and try to see where a mistake is. It is a fraudulent trading. I wonder the medicines which I haven't heard before and decide to search about their usage. When I write their names on Google, it doesn't give any results. I am sure that I write their names correctly but it looks like they don't exist in Internet, so our company has changed the names of the products. I print some of the pages and go to my boss' office. There must be wrong somewhere and I have to show it.

Andrew's office is on tenth floor, the floor that is completely different from the others. When I step into the corridor, I can easily see the different color on the walls. Other than that, the entire floor is covered with a red carpet. It is so smooth that I feel myself walking on my bed. It looks like an expensive hotel's floor. There are some flowers inside vases and all of them are red roses. I think Andrew has an interest on red roses. Actually, they look beautiful and they make the floor more colorful.

After passing some of the other rooms, I reach to the office. I knock the door and Andrew says me to come in. I show the problem on the pages to my boss. 'As I made double checked everything, the total price of this trade can't be acceptable. Did Turkish people really read all the details of the trade and accept to cooperate?'

Andrew looks at the numbers and tosses the papers into the bin. 'Everything is okay. These medicines are extremely expensive and there are very few places around the world that you can find them. Thank you for spending all your time on it. I believe this trade will be very advantageous for both of two countries.'

'But there is one more thing that I have to say. When I was looking the names of the medicine, there were many strange names and I tried to search about them, but there weren't any explanation on Internet. What are we selling exactly?'