Lets Get One Thing Straight

Power corrupts everyone, even the best people, are just swept off their feet by it. It's truly crazy to think about.

How much pain it can bring.

Some people wanted things, money, power, eternal life.

Then there are other people, like him, who want nothing more than to get the one thing they deem the hardest to achieve.

To him, it was love.

It's hard for him because he has been shown this lesson, time and time again.

Kill before they kill you
Kill before they infiltrate you
Kill before they hate you
HURT them before they can HURT you

He followed this rule so well, so, God, DAMN, WELL!

It only took one slip up.

One hello

One are you okay

One person to seem like they genuinely cared.

Only for it to blow UP IN HIS FACE AGAIN.

He was taught to kill

Without mercy

To destroy

To take

To show no weakness

To feel no fear
Anger
Pain
Happiness
Sadness
Love

Nothing

And here he was, throwing all it away
For One Girl

He remembers how it all began.
———————————————————
A throbbing pain, almost relaxing in a way but also so... painful. So excruciatingly paralyzing that He couldn't even move his hands.

"Test subject Ry-20-8-9-1-14"
It said after hours.
Hours of thin needles and sharp scalpels being dug and pushed into flesh.
Hours of purple liquids being pushed into his system.

Of the red that used to be his taken.

Of unspeakable acts being performed on him.

"Test subject Ry-20-8-9-1-14 Respond," it said again, however, it's tone was harsher. Its face must be closer because it's damp breath brushed his face.

"The subject seems to be.. in shock"
Another whispered into the ear of the first.

"At least it hasn't died. That would have been 16 hours of procedures gone to waste."
———————————————————
Part 1 complete
New Memory
Part 2 of memory under construction

Recalibrating
———————————————————
All things are hazy, memory, his senses, even the table he lays on.

The cold he felt before was biting, but god did he wish he could feel something.

The beasts torment him. Burning, cutting, stitching, scrubbing, cracking. They are beings of uncommon origin, unprovoked by all laws and morals, mortality is a long-forgotten curse to them. But it does not make them perfect.

The beasts love working on his eyes, they say it's the hardest part to get right. They say it is the part that lets them, "see" magic. Or at least a portion of it.

They call him a lucky one, the reasons are hazy but so far he's got the fact he is still alive, and that his eyes are still...

functioning.

All He can feel is the throbbing in his eyes, the feeling of tissue changing, rearranging, evolving. It's a pain that is constant, it is a reminder that he is in a place he should not be.

That he is not fully human, that he will never be the same.

——————————————————
Memory sequence failure.

Recalibrating............

The neural path blocked.

Recalibrating...

Memory found.

Connection complete.

Booting sequence / Rythian /
Origin / unknown /
Weakness
Stre&&&&& error
A&&$ error
W$$&$&& error
Try&& Mag$&

Sequence error...

Rebooting.
——————————————————