《 THREE 》

"joongie, truth or dare? who is your crush?"

"that is not how you play truth or dare!" he exclaimed pointing accusingly at me. his other free hand was shoving chips in his mouth. yunho, beside him, was shoving his face into donuts we just ordered.

"it's boring if we play it normally," i laid my back on the carpeted floor, staring up the ceiling of hongjoong's mansion.

hongjoong and yunho were the rich but humble guys. once a month, one of them would throw a party for no reason and i was dragged into their mess. by mess, as in they will get drunk and i end cleaning the mess. i also have to go through their hangover. hongjoong is the sensitive one.

anyway, every friday night yunho and i would come over to hongjoong's house for our weekend fun. it was our thing since primary school and we never broke tradition. we'd switch houses, sometimes.

"so, next week's party. what's the occasion?" i brought up, earning smirks from both boys. "cut the crap and tell me."

"i invited san."

"what?!" i stood up. "why? i'm disgusted by the guy! i just saw his naked ass, literally, just yesterday and you're inviting him to your party?!" once i let that out, my ears felt hot and no doubt my face turned red remembering the incident.

i don't blame them because i just found out they were actually acquintances in high school. i knew i was being dramatic but choi san was going to be here. in the same room as me. i was so close to seeing his dick but thank god i looked away that day.

yunho patted my shoulder. "we know but he's a cool guy, sonny. sure, he's a playboy and the rebel but he has good intentions when it is other things. he does charity during the summer."

hongjoong piped in. "he went back to his hometown to be with his grandparents, too. he was close to them than his parents."

"still, i'm not letting my guard down." i crossed my arms.

[---]

monday came and i was face to face with yunho's big palm on my face.

"wake up!" he yelled in my face, his weight on mine deepened as he moved and bounced on me.

"move, you stupid bear!" i slapped his face away from me and pushed him off me, making him land on top of hongjoong that was sleeping on the floor.

"bear?! i thought my spirit animal was a golden retriever." yunho pouted at me.

hongjoong just woke up and patted yunho's head. "get off, kiko. i'll feed you soon." okay, he was half awake. i snorted when yunho gasped.

"okay, now that is just plain rude."

"you do have a personality of a dog, yunnie~" i squeezed his cheeks and got up from bed, dragging myself to the bathroom to freshen up when i felt yunho behind me. "i call dibs on the shower."

his arms went around my tiny figure and rested his chin on my head. "you feel warm." he mumbled, looking at our reflection. i began to recall how the two of us were shipped by many of our friends. yunho was protective despite his mischief towards me and i was the tiny mother who nags and has a bad temper. he was your ideal boyfriend.

i hummed and tapped his arms. "i was cold so your warmth helped, too."

it surprised me when he smiled at me through our reflection so lovingly before removing himself from me and brushed his teeth. i was speechless by his act so i leave it be. hongjoong may or may have not exposed yunho's crush on me because since that day he claimed that yunho's teasing was his way to show he had a crush on me, yunho has become more affecionate and he teased less. i don't know whether to be concern or happy he likes me that way.

"holler when you're done." yunho pinched my cheek and walked out of the bathroom, leaving me to shower.

i watched him heading downstairs so hongjoong peeked inside and smirked. "i saw what happened. did your heart jumped by his smooth touches?"

"he seems different." i stated.

"duh, because he likes you. no-- let me rephrase that. he LOVES you, girl. but knowing yunho, he probably wants to take it slow."

i let that sink in for the whole day.

[---]

the three of us arrived college in time and i barely made it for my class this morning. luckily, mrs. jung lets it slide for me since i never skipped her class. but she warned me not to be tardy as a habit so i told her i won't.

class finished an hour early since mrs. jung had an appointment. "make sure you do your research about 'society today' and your presentation next week. don't miss it." she reminded and i interally groaned by it. i hate presentations.

suddenly i felt like i was being pulled into a corner and i was face to face with park gyuri. "gyuri, what's-"

"stay away from him." was the first thing she said to me. her eyes buried into mine like she's about to kill me with it. when i didn't answer, she stepped closer to me. "choi san. he's mine. don't touch him."

"what?" i dragged, creeped out by her behaviour. "he and i never spoke, so don't get your pants twisted. he's all yours." i tried to walk away but her hands grabbed my arm, her nails digging into it.

"i'm serious. or else i'll do things i regret." she lets go of me and held her books to her chest before skipping away. she was skipping, acting as if what she did to me was my hallucination. but it proved otherwise by the bruise on my arm. i shook my head, mentally telling myself to not get involved with san after this.

?? pov

i was on my way for the dining hall when i saw two girls talking in deep discussion in the corner near the stairs. one of them was familiar and it clicked immediately; park gyuri. the girl san hooked up with last week.

the other girl was about to walk away when gyuri grabbed her arm looking like she's about to rip her arm off and just walked away like nothing happened. the other girl's arm were bruised but she covered it with her jacket and walked the other way.

what did gyuri say to her and why was she hurting the other girl?

end of ?? pov

"ugh.." i plopped down in between hongjoong and yunho on our dining table.

"one class. that's all it takes for you to groan like you just pushed someone's car." hongjoong watched me amused.

"or you had a weird day of your life when some random girl just-"

"yunho-ah~" i was interrupted when three girls came up to our table and flirted with yunho. "are you going to bring anyone to hongjoong's party this friday?" one asked.

"yeah, i already asked someone to go with me. sorry, girls." he apologized and they whined about how they missed a chance to do so and left us alone. he sighed. "i lied."

"gee, i didn't notice." i replied, him rolling his eyes at me. "i don't like those girls but why did you keep rejecting them? you always hang out with us so why not you bring a proper date for once?"

"you're my date, though."

i choked. "m-me? i was posed as your date this whole time?" he nodded. "why didn't you tell me? i would've put my phone away."

he chuckled. "if sonny isn't playing with her phone, she ain't sonny."

"you got that right." hongjoong agreed. he was looking for something until his eyes landed on someone and turned to us. "i hope you guys don't mind. i invited some people to join us."

"who?" i sipped on my soda.

only then i felt an arm around me and someone's hot breath on my ear. i froze in my seat.

"miss me, princess?"