《 TEN 》

'places, names and characters (except ateez members and other idols used as models) are all fiction.

'Gwangsan (fiction city name) is a small city 40 minutes away from Seoul consist of 1,200 residents. Gwangsan is known for its famous lake with a bridge in the middle. story said the bridge is for two strangers to love each other. it seems to be 'magic'.

'New Creek Meadows and the lake mentioned by mingi is fiction.

-

New Creek Meadows (fiction):

Lake (yet to be named, fiction):

yunho's pov

"guys, let's go for a weekend trip this week!" mingi announced when class was over. we were at a cafe not far from college and i ordered sonny's favourite drink since i called her over to join us. hongjoong was working on his song writing for his class next to me and turned to me when he needs inspiration.

"it's only monday, mingi. we'll think about the weekend when it's friday." hongjoong didn't bother to look up at mingi's pout. mingi turned to me and i put my hands up because i didn't know what to say. i mouthed 'sorry' to mingi instead.

soon, san joined us with wooyoung. "i heard you said weekend trip. to where?"

"Gwangsan! my friends from lecture said the city has an Airbnb for us to stay there. the price is really cheap so i thought we can stay there for the weekend and visit the bridge."

"you're not going there for the famous new creek meadows? it's instagram worthy!" jongho exclaimed.

"you've been there?"

"yeah, with my grandmother." jongho took a bite of his croissant. "we should go there. we won't have lectures for a week anyway. we can stay there for 4 nights. the airbnb is cheap, anyway."

hongjoong finally looked up and thought about it. "yeah, i guess we can go there. i need inspiration for my song writing class anyway. we can leave saturday morning."

"YES!" we jumped out of excitement scaring the other customers. the waitress shushed us and we sat back down while cheering silently.

"should we invite seonghwa and yeosang too? they're our gangs too." mingi suggested and suddenly my mood went down at the mention of yeosang's name. hongjoong seemed to notice my reaction and nudged my knee with his. "yunho, i know what he did to sonny was immature and rude but he's changed. i'm sure he feels bad... in his own way." everyone agreed, except san who just stares at me.

"you can invite sonny and the other girls too. the more the merrier. according to the pub in Gwangsan, they have girls' night on sunday and they have a discount if they bring more friends; boys included." jongho cocked his eyebrow.

"you just want to bring the girls for discount drinks?" wooyoung pinched the youngest's cheek. "that's a great idea! invite the girls too."

"you seriously want to use the girls for free drinks? how low." hongjoong shook his head. i silently agree. "but on serious note, bringing sonny might be good for her. she nearly killed herself completing her assignments for 4 days straight and had to be hospitalized last week. i hope her lecturer give her good grades."

"yeah. madam kang is too strict with her subject. i'm surprised sonny didn't break down. hwasa told me she won't eat properly." mingi said.

"fine, we'll bring her but if she says no, i can't force her. we boys can go on our own."

~*~

"okay, i'll go." was her response when i told her the boys and i are going on a weekend trip to Gwangsan. i was hoping she'd say no since san would be there and i know she isn't comfortable around san but even when i mentioned his name, she didn't react and that was her response. i looked at her surprised. "i said i'll go. i need pictures for my photography class and it's due after our semester break so going to Gwangsan is an opportunity for me."

"oh but-"

"i know i said i hated san but i do need a break. mingi even texted me saying he's inviting so i thought i should go."

damn you, mingi.

"besides, i have you and hongjoong with me. i shouldn't be too worried."

i couldn't exactly stop her because i can never do it before. i gave up and faked a smile. "okay, i'll tell mingi so he can plan ahead. you can invite hwasa and the other girls so you won't get bored."

"i will."

~*~

"yunho, i'll kill you!"

"SONNY! PUT THAT FLOAT DOWN AND CHILL!" hongjoong shouted out to the 5 foot girl that's currently trying to kill me.

saturday morning came and we all gathered at the REST STOP on our way to Gwangsan and the boys arrived already, including seonghwa and yeosang. the sight of san was enough to make sonny nervous but yeosang was there too and sonny was busy chasing me to kill me.

i hid inside the car hongjoong was driving and it has been 10 minutes since sonny's banging on the door coming for my life.

hwasa was equally annoyed with the sight of yeosang but she tried to calm sonny down and she pulled away from the car as she pouted.

i got out and surrendered myself, lowered my height so i seemed shorter than she is.

"you can hit my head but not the face, please." i closed my eyes for the impact but instead of hitting my head, she lightly kicked my shin and i winced. "that works too..." i croaked out.

"why didn't you mention yeosang was going to join us?" sonny asked.

"it was jongho's idea and we didn't think seonghwa and yeosang would agree to join us. i'm as surprised as you are." i said and it was the truth.

"we can cancel this trip-"

"but i need photos for my project, though. i can't pass this opportunity. no one in our class has done New Creek Meadows for their project before and i want to be the first to do it." sonny told hwasa.

"you're going to love it, though. you can also do that history on that bridge." mingi jumped in.

"what bridge?"

"history says that-"

"food's ready! let's eat something before our long trip!" seonghwa announced from inside the REST STOP building. mingi couldn't finish his sentence as he dashed inside the building at the mention of food.

"meh. i'm starving. let's go." hwasa linked arms with sonny and we all inside.