10.

The last few weeks have been unbearable. Yes, me and Ian started dating, but I didn't even have the space in my mind to focus on him one bit. I did feel a little bad about it, but finals were coming up, and I was trying to keep good grades to prove my dad wrong, while also trying to maintain friendships. One of those being Peter, which was stressing me out the most, considering he lived with me, and was barely speaking to me each day. I don't know what switched with him, but I was worried, and felt terrible about it.

"Yeah come to the library with us we are going to review that later!" Gwen said to me through facetime, as I sat there looking down at my chemistry homework confused.

"I gotta ask my dad, but I'll let you know soon." I replied, my eyes not lifting from my sheet of homework.

Gwen sighed. "Okay, so no?"

"What?" I looked up at the screen this time, "No, I wanna come, you just know how strict he is."

"Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm sorry. We should all just hangout at your house sometime! I feel like he would be more chill if he knew me and some of the girls- you know?"

I hesitated, and could feel my hands getting sweaty. "Yeah, we should totally do that sometime. Okay, I'm gonna go ask him if I can go to the library, I'll call you back!" I said quickly before hanging up.

I needed to hang up so Gwen couldn't see how red my cheeks were. It happened every time I lied.

I sat still for a few moments, thinking about if I could really keep this whole lie up.  I also lied about asking my dad to go study with them.  I didn't really feel like it, and it was worth a shot to ask Peter for help, especially because he was like- two levels ahead of me in his classes.

I got up from where I was sitting, and left my room, making my way towards the door that led to Peter's.  I knocked on the tall wooden door softly once I was rught infront of it.

No answer.

I knocked again, knowing that Peter was in there, because I could see his lights on.

No answer.

"Peter, come on."  I said as I crossed my arms waiting for him to open the door.  I rolled my eyes and just decided to go in, since it was unlocked.

When the door glided open, I saw Peter on his bed, facing the other way.  Peter was wrapped up in a blanket without a shirt on. He had his earbuds in, and was scrolling through instagram on his phone. It was obvious he hadn't noticed me come in.

All of the sudden he sat up a little more, still not facing me, and picked up his incoming facetime call on his phone.

I hesitated in nervousness before asking him for homework help, knowing that he'd probably just be rude and insult me. I stood there quietly for a few more seconds, trying to take deep breathes to say something, before he did. Onto his phone, of course.

"Why's you call me?" Peter said as I saw Ned's face on his phone.

"Okay," Ned started off excitedly, "...two words. Football, trip."

Peter sighed. "Just stop it. I know about it already, and I've given up."

It felt kind of like spying, but... he couldn't see me? It's not like they were talking about anything serious right? I stayed put to listen, incase if he said anything about hating me. I held my breath, hoping Peter wouldn't be able to hear it with his hearing, and over his earbuds.

"Peter, Peter, Peter, Peter..." Ned began over dramatically. "You can't just give up! You guys literally live together! You're an avenger! You know how awesome that would be?"

"Ned. She has a boyfriend. It's literally Ian, I don't have a chance."

They didn't say anything for a few seconds.

"Plus," Peter said, "Tony would probably murder me. And I'm not even exaggerating."

I instantly knew what they were talking about. My heart sunk into my chest. I slowly backed away from the door and into the hallway.

"Y/n?" I heard Peter call out, he probably heard me.

I quickly went into my room and locked the door behind me, not knowing what to think. Was Peter avoiding me because he's just liked me this whole time?

Oh my god.

My flow of thoughts were interrupted by a knock at my door.