8.

I woke up with the soft sunlight pouring through my blinds.  Luckily, a few minutes before my alarm went off, ringing into my ear like usual.  Although it was just another dreadful monday morning, I felt warmer.  Inside, but also physically...?

I opened my eyes to see Peters strong arms wrapped around me, holding me in a tight embrace, as if we had fallen asleep cuddling. Before this moment, I had only seen Peter in his baggy sweatshirts or flannels, and had never noticed how muscular he was.  My heart began beating faster at the sight, I couldn't understand why.

'Oh my god, oh my god.' I kept on thinking to myself, deciding how I was going to get up without waking him.

Without trying to wake Peter up, I tried my best to slide out of his tight grip on me. I eventually got up after a few seconds, and stood on my floor staring at him, to make sure he hadn't awaken. He was still sound asleep. He almost looked kinda cute while he was sleeping.

Not knowing what to do, I just walked over to my bathroom, locked the door, and started getting dressed. I didn't even want to wake him up. What if he realized how we had slept like that? Would he tell my dad? But like- it was him? I don't know, it just felt really awkward being in that position, in my own bed.

I strolled over to closet, inside of my bathroom, and picked out my outfit for the day. I threw on a tight long sleeved shirt, with some baggy jeans for school. I made my way over to my vanity again, and applied some light, but shimmery makeup.

As I was finishing putting on some lip balm, I could hear the sounds of Peter waking up through my bathroom door. My breath quickened, hoping he wouldn't remember how I woke-up with his arms wrapped around me.

I tried my best to keep calm, and act normal as I finished my makeup, but my heart stopped when I heard him knock on my bathroom door.

"C-come in!" I tried to say cheerily, not knowing what he was going to say.

"Uh- it's locked?" Peter said to me, in a groggy voice, since he had just woken up.

"Oh- I-" I awkwardly ran over to the door, and opened it casually. "Hey Peter." I said to him, as I poked my head through the small opening of the door.

He eyed me down weirdly before responding. "You feeling better this morning?"

"Yeah, I am," I said, my head still sticking through the door, as if I were hiding something. "Thankyou for being so kind to me last night..."

"Of course," He smiled. "I'm gonna swing home and get my school stuff real quick, so... I'll see you at school Y/n!"

"Yep... see you later!" I said, as he turned around to exit my room.

As soon as I heard my bedroom door close, I slammed my bathroom door and slid down on the tiled floor. I don't know why, but it just felt so awkward? Even though he didn't even address us cuddling? It was like the thoughts of Peter were just looping throughout my mind, for no reason at all.

-

The whole morning, even on my way to school with Happy, my thoughts were clouded with last night. Thoughts about all the stress building up from school, and Peter, but I didn't know why it was coming up so much.

"Bye, Kid. Have a good day!" Happy said to me from the front seat, as we pulled into the school parking lot.

"Thanks, Happy! You too!" I scooped up my backpack and got out of the car.

Even with the sounds of the crowded entrance of midtown highschool, the herd of students entering the building, everything seemed silent while I was lost in my thouhts.