Chapter 17: First Night Back

Ben's POV:

Once the connection is lost I am more determined than ever to get to my Rey. Just seeing her again allows me to know I have made the right choice for myself. I walk down one of the few corridors in an attempt to find somewhere better to make a shelter for the night. Walking around the inside of the old Death Star feels so wrong. Last time I was here it almost felt like home for me and I loved how it connected me to my Grandfather's history, but now it makes my skin crawl. I find what appears to be the old brake room that must-have been for generals. It's a small room but it still has all its furniture, some of the furniture is surprisingly made out of wood, using the force to take apart one of the old tables and use it to make a fire. I sit next to the fire and wait for Rey to reach out.

When night falls I sense her reaching to me so I activated the bond on my end. Almost instantly she is in front of me. I stand up and look her up and down before greeting her, she is wearing a slightly flowing golden dress with long sleeves. "I have never seen you dressed up before. You look beautiful" I tell her as I close the distance between us and pull her close. "Thank you, I decided to wear more outfits like this from now on because it will help hide the baby bump more especially the further along the pregnancy gets, I am already starting to show and I didn't even notice until you had our hand on my stomach earlier." When she mentions the baby bump I can not help but smile. "Why hide it?" I ask, concerned she is embarrassed by it or wants nothing to do with the child. "The Resistance is preparing for another war, the last thing I want to do is add more pressure on them. When I told my friends about everything we have been through and about our bond earlier they weren't exactly the most understanding." I could understand why, after all that I had done, I wouldn't trust me either. We sit down on the floor next to the roaring fire. Rey cuddles up to my side and I feel all the tension in my body starts to relax. Everything just feels so right with her I wouldn't want to have it any other way. After a few moments of silence, I decided to answer all the questions she had earlier. "Rey, if you will let me, I want to stay with you always. I want to raise our child together." I try to bring myself to explain more, but stop when I see her tear up a bit. She plants a kiss on my cheek before I even have time to question her about why she's crying. "I want that too,'' she replies as if she already knew my question. "Now how do we get you home? She asks, raising an eyebrow at me causing me to let out a small laugh because of how cute she is. We stay up the rest of the night coming up with a plan and keeping each other company.