Say Goodbye - 6

September, 2014

The tour hadn't started yet, but there were already speculations and rumors flying around. Lindsey might have (somehow) announced that he had gotten divorced, but he and Stevie hadn't said a word about their rekindled relationship. And so far they had every intention of keeping it that way. It was why they were arriving to and leaving from rehearsals seperately.

They weren't fooling around on stage, not planning too much interaction for two reasons. On one hand it was because this was the first tour in over ten years with Christine. And second, they didn't want to start anymore rumors than there already were about them.

If only they knew... Stevie thought once more as her eyes went to her left hand. And luckily she was just singing through Sisters Of The Moon, or otherwise she wasn't too sure if she would have been able to keep herself from grinning like an idiot.

Lindsey had proposed to her, only days before they had the first rehearsal. They had been at home, just spending the evening together without anything special happening. They had been staying at her condo, cuddled up on the couch, talking about what they wanted from now on. And he had remembered what she had told him, that she had said, if he was going to ask her again, she might say yes. So out of the blue he had asked her. And at first Lindsey had thought that she might have his head or something. But then Stevie had leaned up, kissed him and given him the answer he had waited for a long time, whispering yes.

"Nicks!" Christine's voice made her snap out of her happy bubble. And it was only then that she noticed that everybody was staring at her.

"Sorry." Stevie muttered, still not knowing what had happened.

Turning her head ever so little to the left, she tried to catch Lindsey's eyes, silently asking him what had happened. But he was just rolling his eyes at her.

"Could you, maybe, concentrate and be present now?" He asked her. "Or are you trying to come up with a way to tell us that you're walking out of the tour as well, now?"

Stevie took a deep breath, knowing that Lindsey didn't really mean it. They had decided on staying at a distance for some time. After all Lindsey had been pissed when Stevie had announced she was going to work on her solo album instead of going into the studio with the band. And if they hadn't had some long talks about it in private, he would still be angry at her. Stevie saying she would marry him had mended that quite a lot.

"I'm not, and you should all know that." Stevie turned, hissing at everyone. "I'm here to stay, okay?" When they had all somehow acknowledged that, she sighed. "I'm sorry, I just have a terrible headache."

"Okay, let's take a break." Mick announced. "We meet here in an hour again."

"Thanks, Mick."

"You're okay again?" Lindsey asked when he hadn't been in her condo and already feeling her arms around him and her lips on his, kissing him.

"I was okay all the time." She smiled and leaned up for another kiss.

"Then what was it all about the headache?" He wanted to know.

"I could have hardly said that you kept me up half the night and I was just dead tired." Stevie grinned at him.

"Not if we want to still keep this under the wraps." He pushed her away gently, leading her into the living room.

"You see." She sat down on the couch, pulling him down and close to her. "And I could have hardly said anything about my new boyfriend, everybody knows I'm not dating anymore."

"And I hope for you that you won't start dating again." Lindsey reached for her jaw, pulling her head closer and kissed her.

"Oh, if you continue just like you did last night, I think I'd rather be dead in a year than that I need to worry about dating." She whispered against his lips before deepening the kiss. "But you know, I don't do boyfriends anymore."

"No?" He raised his eyebrows at her. "What are you doing then?"

"I only do my fiance now."

With that Stevie was in his lap, kissing him once more and pressing her body close against his. And from the way she moved her hips against him, there was no doubt to what she wanted.

"What has gotten into you lately?" Lindsey asked when they laid on the couch, under one of her cashmere blankets, their clothes seemingly all over the room.

"I think we both know what's gotten into me lately only too well." She laughed. "I just have quite some time to make up to. There's been a long time, when nothing's got..."

She couldn't go on anymore, Lindsey was effectively stopping her from talking with another deep kiss.

"I don't want to hear about that." He muttered against her lips.

"You know that there's a very good way to make me forget about everyone else..." Stevie whispered huskily.

Feeling his lips wandering down to her neck, she closed her eyes. And when he bit down gently, she knew that there would never be anyone else in her life, but Lindsey. Stevie was happy, finally.

~ The End ~