Say Goodbye - 2

Stevie felt cornered in her own room. The contact she had been having with Lindsey had been nearly nonexistent after the first Vegas show. His family had been here, and he had celebrated New Year's Evd with them. Part of her had been glad that he had been unavailable for her. But there was a part as well that wished he had been with her, that she had been the one he had kissed at midnight. It was the same part that had wanted Lindsey to stay after she had told him she still loved him. That part was the one that now screamed at her to put down her defenses and reach out as he stood in front of her.

"Stevie."

"Sorry." She muttered, once more pacing through the room in an attempt to get away from him and bring space between them.

She felt her defenses weaken already, dangerously so. And there was no need to encourage some reckless behavior they would both regret in the morning.

"God damn it, stop pacing." Lindsey suddenly screamed at her.

"Don't tell me what to do." She hissed, stopping for a moment to glare, but continuing after that. "I... you have to go."

"Not before you finally tell me why you didn't leave this room for over a week." He demanded

"You have to ask?" Stevie questioned. "You really have to ask why I stayed here? Why I tried to avoid you like the plague?"

"Yes, because last time I checked we were actually talking." He was still confused about her behavior. "Getting along."

Of course after having dropped on him that she still loved him he had expected her to stay away some time. But that she hadn't even gotten out of her hotel suite was unlike everything he had known so far. There must be something about that she wasn't telling him.

"And we will continue." She softened when seeing him looking at her, a silent plea in his eyes that they wouldn't go back to not talking anymore. "Lindsey, just give me some time. And please, leave for now. I somehow need to get through the show tomorrow."

Stevie turned away from him, leaning against the wall next to a window, looking out. But her eyes didn't focus on anything, she was just staring out, over the bright lights of the city and into the darkness of the desert.

The sigh she let out wasn't lost on him as he got up. But never really doing what he had been told, Lindsey went to her. She wasn't aware of it until he turned her around. It caught her completely off guard, and made her do something she had successfully avoided so far. Looking up, Stevie looked right into his eyes. And while she was still lost in them, trying to figure out what he wanted in her room anyway, she didn't realize that he came even closer to her.

"Wha...?" Stevie tried to ask him, but couldn't, at least not in that moment.

Having seen that she was still somewhere deep in her thoughts and currently unable to protest, Lindsey had taken the chance and leaned in to kiss her. Much to his dismay she came to her senses as soon as he held her face in his hands and felt her lips on his. The reaction didn't surprise him. Her hands came up to his arms, shoving hard against him so he had to let go off her. The hand that suddenly made contact with his cheek took him by surprise, though.

"Are you insane?" She screamed.

And the way she was glaring it didn't matter that she was only 5'1 ft. Hands in her hips, death glare on her face and her eyes locked with his, she could be intimidating.

"Don't tell me you didn't want it." Lindsey replied.

He knew she was angry, and he knew that his answer was provoking her even more. But that was the only way he would somehow get an honest reply out of her. At least after being screamed at.

"It doesn't matter what I want, Lindsey." She was still screaming. "It doesn't matter what I want since... just forge it."

"No, tell me." He urged her to tell him what she had once more swallowed down. "Tell me what you wanted to say."

"No." Stevie got quiet again, just shaking her head, once more escaping and pacing.

"When did it ever not matter what you wanted?" He got louder now, his patience with her wearing thin. "Tell me. Cause as far as I remember everything was always..."

"You want to know?"

"Yeah."

"You really want to know?"

"For Christ's sake just tell me." He yelled.

"Ever since you married that little bitch." She yelled at him, only to be horrified by the fact of what she had just said.

It was one thing thinking about it, writing about how she really felt about that woman in her journal, but actually saying these words to Lindsey... She had sworn to herself to not reveal how she really felt about his wife, not to him or anyone else.

"Then it's good that the little bitch, as you called her, left."

"What?"

"She left."

"Why?" Stevie couldn't understand.

"You really have to ask?" He questioned, walking back close to her.

They had both calmed a little after the truth had been out. And now she felt more horrified about calling Kristen a bitch.

"We never really behaved as if nothing is between us." She said. "And she always just took it. Why would that change now?"

"I guess it was one time too often." Lindsey said, still stepping closer.

Without really noticing it, Stevie went backwards. She only did when her back was making contact with a wall. Eyes wide, she stared up as he still came closer.

Due to request of my wonderful reader (these pushy and demanding shippers ;) love you all) here's the next part of the little Las Vegas saga. Hope you enjoyed this as well.
Xoxo Dani