baby pudu?

donghyuck raised his head when he was called by mother and waddled towards where she is after realizing that he was standing in the middle of the busy room.

careful.❞ his mother let out  a chuckle as she watched her son going towards her, picking up the dish from the tray donghyuck is holding before he stumbles down.

donghyuck could only give his mother a small smile as his ears fell down out of guilt and his small little tail wagged as he was nervous standing right next to his mother. ❝i'm sorry mom.❞ it was his first time serving and seeing different kinds of animals was making him shake from his place.

hyuckie, relax.❞ his mother held his hand and tried to comfort him after seeing that he was obviously scared. ❝they are harmless.

but there are bats.❞ hugging the empty silver tray, donghyuck scooted closer to his mother.

she let out a chuckle, observing the bats that are bringing some cloths up to be decorated and some checking the light if they are working well. ❝they are decorating the dining are hyuck, for the dinner later.

what about the wolves?

cleaning the mess.

monkeys?

the mother pudu followed to where donghyuck was looking and heaved a sigh, ❝tasting the food if they are edible and worthy for the dinner later.❞ she then noticed one of the dishes being rejected and asked one pudu to put it back inside the kitchen.

moments later, after donghyuck asking every questions that has been bothering him, his eyes went over to the golden doors that was just opened and noticed everyone taking a bow. his head turned from side to side and even noticed the monkey beside him taking a bow. his mom even took a bow and yet he just stood there, finding out as to who made everyone stop whatever they were doing.

and then his eyes stopped at a familiar eagle.

well your highness,❞ the eagle started as he lead the soon to be king inside the dining area. ❝i'll leave you to judge the dining setting.

the lion then rolled his eyes after ordering everyone to go back to whatever they were assigned to do. ❝what's with all the get up jeno?

it's going to be your first dinner together with the royal family as king.

hearing that statement made mark's brows furrowed. ❝but it's still dinner.

the eagle nodded his head, giggling at his friend's simplicity. ❝yeah but you as a king, your highness.

stop with the honorifics jeno. how many times do i have to remind you to call me by my name?

i would lack respect if i do so,❞ jeno said, looking over the lion who's completely unamused. the eagle managed to make out a smile despite of being uncomfortable knowing that the soon to be king is not liking it. ❝your highness.

the lion let out a low groan. ❝great, so i can't have friends anymore?

i'm still your friend.❞ jeno told him, not forgetting how the two of them basically grew up together. that's how trusted he is by the royal that he was given a big responsibility to guard over the next in line king.

friends don't—❞ he was frustrated that no one understood what he felt right now. his coronation day wasn't going the way he wanted it to go, it was giving him so much stress.

meanwhile, a pudu still had his eyes on the eagle and not even noticing the lion beside that familiar looking eagle. his mother had been calling his attention but he still stood there like a stone, looking at that eagle until the two had locked eye contact.

jeno, they didn't forget watermelons,❞ mark started, eyeing every dish that had been placed down the table but noticed none of his favorite. ❝did they?

jeno couldn't hear what the lion was saying as his attention was on a pudu that was slowly walking away. ❝your highness?

he didn't want to be called by that from any of his close friends, nor any honorifics infact. hearing that always ruins his mood. ❝forget it. you stay here, i'll go get some water.

was about to taking a step closer to the pudu, jeno halted when he noticed the lion beside him already at the far end of the dining area, getting inside the kitchen. turning back to the pudu that caught his eye, he had lost him.

his eyes scanned the area and noticed the pudu had already ran away and was already far enough for jeno to catch him.

away towards the kitchen.

great, just great.

breathing heavily, donghyuck pushed the big wooden doors with shaky hands and quickly zoomed inside the kitchen, not knowing that someone else was there.

excuse me?

what came to the pudu's head first was to hide behind the kitchen island.

⚊ t b c ⚊