but mark didn't want to drop the topic either, ❝why don't you want to be king?

i'm calling the meerkats to take care of you. also, asking them to bring you another suit because that suit doesn't butter my eggroll.❞ jaehyun said with his nose scrunched in disgust at the suit he placed on the bed, ❝you also need some eagles to guard you. i'll call jeno as you're close with him—

it could have been you that's on my spot right now!❞ mark didn't mean to raise his voice but jaehyun was ignoring him.

you are the son!❞  jaehyun retorted, giving mark a look but could only see determination in the lion's face. determined to know answers as to why jaehyun didn't want to accept the offer. ❝mark, i'm no one but a family friend.

but you have the potential to be the king.❞ mark said, walking close to jaehyun hoping that he could at least convince him the last minute.

low chances of it but it was worth a try.

mark lee, like i said—

dad wanted you to be the next king.❞ mark stated. although it hurt his pride, he was on his father's side. jaehyun deserves to be the next king, not him. ❝but you, you would always rejected his offer.

that's it i—

what's going on here?

the two lions then had their heads turned to the owner of the voice and jaehyun couldn't be more relieved seeing his lover leaning by the bedroom door frame. mark let out the most stressful sigh he could make at that moment before going back to his seat and picking up the book he was reading. jaehyun watched over the frustrated lion before going over his lover and settling a peck on his partner's lips.

what were you two quarreling?❞ the lion, that just arrive, questioned, looking over to mark who's eyes were on the book but he knew that kid's mind was on another dimension. ❝mark?

he knew he needed to answer or he'd get a scolding if he doesn't. ❝nothing, taeyong hyung.

jaehyun frowned at him but quickly regained a smile before turning to his lover that had his worried eyes on mark. ❝let's go, simba needs some time alone.❞ he then held taeyong's hand and went out of the room but had reminded mark something he had left. ❝i'm calling a meerkat over and an eagle to guard you so please look presentable at least.

mark was then left alone in the room that got him looking down at what he is wearing, still on his pajamas.

he mumbled some complains before standing up and started to do his morning routine, still complain even when he reached to the bathroom. don't get him wrong, he wasn't against the idea of his father appointing him as the next king. not like his father had a choice anyways, he's ill and he needed to find a next leader fast. if it isn't jaehyun then mark was the last choice.

the problem is, mark is not ready yet.

🦁

donghyuck's eyes widened and was in awe at the sight of the dining area. it was as if he had entered to another dimension.

beautiful.❞ that was what came out of his small mouth.

if the dining area looked like that, what more if he gets to explore the whole kingdom? a smile formed in the pudu's lips as he was feeling excited. he couldn't wait to go around the place without having anyone to scold him nor to hold him back.