Rethinking and Cuddles

I knocked softly on the door in front of me. I waited a few moments before I heard a soft 'come in' come from inside. I open the door and frown at the sight in front of me.

Charlie wears her emotions on her sleeve. They change fast and consistently. Even I can claim it took me a while to really tell what see was feeling sometimes if she was faking. I loved her for that. Early this morning she was the one comforting me about how the interview was going to go. But after the whole ordeal with Angel Dust our hopes dwindled even hers.

Then lo and behold the shit demon had to show up and make her dreams come true. I don't trust him one bit but Charlie does so the best I can do is keep an eye on him. I push the events from earlier to the back of mind and focus on Charlie. She is sitting on her bed with trying to smile but I could see the dried tears and reddened eyes.

"Oh, Charlie. . ." I quietly said as I shut the door and started to walk over to her. "Hun." I sat on her bed next to her. "Hey, what's wrong?" And that's all it took. She hugged me and her tears started again. All I could do was hug her back and wait for her to be able to talk back.

She let go and moved back a little, rubbing at her eyes. She took a death breath. "Vaggie, I know Alastor said he wants to help but now I'm having second thoughts. I was just so happy to find someone willing to help. But what have I done, I might have just made things worse!" She screamed last. She gasped for air after her big rush of words. I sighed and grabbed her by the shoulders.

"It's fine. You know I don't trust him at all. . . but even I have to say he might be able to help us." I smiled weakly, hoping it would help. "Even though he's doing it just for fun." I quickly added under my breath. She kept trying to look away from me but I grabbed her chin softly and turned her face towards me. I rested my forehead against her and looked into her eyes.

Charlie giggled softly and rested her arms on my shoulders. "Is this the only way I can get you to be all lovely?"

"Oh, I know what you're trying to do, but I'll let it by." I chuckled out. Sounds like Charlie to try to avoid the topic. She always does this when she doesn't want to loud her problems onto someone. "But. We're going to talk about this in the morning." I quickly stated before she wouldn't listen.

Charlie pecked me on the lips and push herself off me and more onto the bed. "Fine~" She drawing out the end. "But, I want cuddles while we fall asleep." She was smiling and sitting on the balls of her feet waiting for my response. Oh she's good.
"Oh, alright." I said as I tried to hide my smile while crossing my arms. Before I knew it Charlie grabbed my arm and pulled me down towards her huge pile of pillows by the head born. Soon enough she had me under the covers wither out legs entangled and her head on my chest.

"I love you." She cooed while placing my hand in her hair. I get what she wanted and started to coil my fingers through her hair. And felt her hum in response.

"I love you, too. Sadly." I added and soon enough I felt her hit me in the head with a pillow and started laughing. All I could do was smile and laugh too. "Fair enough." I said while soon feeling sleep clinging to my eyes.

-----------------------

Remember, I take requests and roast me if I made a mistake!