Chapter 2: An Apology And A Question

Rize's POV

I was in the gym. The girl's volleyball team finished playing but I was still practicing. It was lunch right now and the girls only practiced for half of it. I'm not on the team, but I play with them sometimes.

I stopped practicing and walked to my backpack and looked for my water bottle. I had dressed in black gym shorts for volleyball, as well as a black shirt. I also had knee pads and my volleyball shoes.

I then got back up and picked the ball up. I walked over to the basket of volleyball which was right where I did jump serves.

I then threw the ball up and did a jump serve to manipulate it to hit right before it was out of bounds still counting.

I grabbed another ball and this time I got closer to the net and set the ball going high up. I then ran to get a running start then ran to where the ball would be and jumped to spike it to do a straight but it was blocked.

I was now down and had my hands on my knees breathing hard. Ever since the girls left I've been playing a game by myself doing all the parts.

"That was one hard spike, too bad it didn't make it." The person said. I looked up and saw the redhead. "Tendō," I said out of breath. "Yup. I'm here, did you miss me?" He teased as he hugged himself and smiled.

"You know, I kinda did. I missed this you, not that grumpy you from earlier." I said smiling as I stood upright catching my breath. "Aww I knew it was Kamimura!!" He shouted as he went under the net to get another ball.

"Hey, you wanna play a game with me? I'll call the guys if you want more players." He said as he threw the ball up catching it over and over.

"No two are fine," I said as I walked over to my gym bag. "Yay!! I'll go get dressed!! Be right back!!" He shouted running to the exit with his backpack that was next to the door.

I drank water and controlled my breathing then I gathered all the balls. I then felt a sting. I looked at my fingers and saw they were red. I went to my bag and took the bandages out, I wrapped my hands a bit then stood up.

"I'm back!!!" I heard a cheery voice sing. I looked smiling and saw Tendō jogging toward me. "Hey, are you at all scared of me?" He asked out of the blue as he stopped in front of me, no more than 4 feet. My smile slowly faded.

"Pardon?" I asked as I thought I just didn't hear him right. "Do I scare you in any way?" He asked, walking closer with a smile still on his face, but his eyes looked intimidating. Not enough to scare me or anything, but still.

"Of course not, why would you ask that?" I was concerned. "You know, I haven't actually ever had this long of a conversation with any girl who wasn't trying to make fun of me..." He said as he looked down at me. "Make fu-." I was about to ask but remembered the rumors I heard the girls in class try to bring me into.

I'm not interested in drama, so I didn't indulge but now that I think about it, they were talking about him. They called him a monster because he finds satisfaction in the expression people get when they get blocked. That's why Yukio was scared earlier, she probably heard the rumors.

"You think I'm trying to make fun of you...?" I asked as my hair covered my face. "I've stared fear in the eyes...so many times. What you think is scary, isn't for me...if you're joking...it's not funny." I said as I turned and walked to my bag. I picked it up and walked out of the gym. "Kami..." I heard him say as the door closed.

Tendō's POV

"Kami..." I said as I realized I was being mean again. When I was walking here after changing, these guys called me a freak, and these girls made jokes and threw fake snakes at me...it got to me again...I messed up...