Marshal x reader (stray heart)

((Really quick author's note, this story is based off of Stray Heart by Green Day. If you give it a listen, then I think you'll like it... It's about cheating...))

I've lost my way oh baby,
this stray heart
went to another
can you recover baby?

You sat in your bed. You really can't believe it. He decided that cheating was a good idea. Well, you'll make him pay. He had Fionna all over him. You don't care what anyone says. He's not coming back.

You took all of your clothing, and stuffed it into your bag. You grabbed the rest of your stuff, and shoved it in as well. You weren't going to cry. You were too good for him anyways. He's not worth the time. He can have Fionna. They deserve each other.

You walked out of the cave. You felt numb. You were sick to your stomach. You walked for a little while. You heard the trees moving. You knew who it was.

"Go away." You groaned, picking up the pace. "No, just-" Marshal began, but you cut him off. "Just what? Calm down? Act like I didn't just see my boyfriend all over some blondie?" you scoffed. "Wow. Really? That's alright, I mean, not like I gave you everything." you turned a corner. Marshal sighed, causing your heart to break a bit.

Oh you're the only one that I'm dreamin' of,
your precious heart,
was torn apart by me
and you you're not alone
oh, and now I'm where I belong
we're not alone
oh I'll hold your heart and never let go

You'd gone to the Candy Kingdom to see your best friend Gumball. You confide in him for everything. You walked into the castle, not even ringing to say you were there. You ran to the kitchen, where you knew he'd be. "(Y/ n)? What's wrong?" Gumball asked, pulling off his pink oven mitts to hug you.

Everything that I want,
I want from you,
but I just can't have you,
Everything that I need,
I need from you
but I just can't have you

You weren't going back to Marshal. "I told you, he's no good!" Gumball chattered on with the whole 'I told you so' talk. You slouched over in your seat. "I know." you sighed, and played your face in your hands. Gumball sighed. "It'll be alright." he put his arm over your shoulder. "I should know, I've been alive for a long time." he smiled sadly. You sat up and hugged Gumball, laying your forehead against his chest.

"Hey Gumwad-" Marshal flew in through the window and stopped abruptly, seeing you. You looked up and stared. A pained expression crossed his face and he flew backwards. "I'll uh, come back later." he said. "Or don't." Gumball responded, pulling you towards him. Marshal's eyes widened a bit, but the sad expression returned to his face. "Oh. Okay, cool I guess." he nodded, flying out.

I said a thousand times and now a thousand one
we'll never part
I'll never stray again from you
this dog is destined for a home to your heart
we'll never part
I'll never stray again from you
you're not alone
and now I'm where I belong
we're not alone
I'll hold your heart and never let go

You smiled, your boyfriend of two months beside you, his arm around your waist. You were walking in the forest near the castle. He was the sweetest. You're happy with Gumball.

((Whoops this story was shit haha))