Chapter 3

Selena

"Get your things, accompany me for a lunch meeting." Mr. Bieber's voice rang from the speaker. His demanding tone always on point. Tss, do I have a choice?

I lazily took my purse and my phone and slowly stand up. Ouch. My toes still hurt. I tripped for like three times on the stairs. I checked it after Mr. Bieber walked out and yep, I got one bleeding toe, red marks on the sole of both feet and definitely bruises.

Walking is a pretty painful task right now and I wished I brought any other shoes for substitute. These heels aren't working.

The time I make it on the door, Mr. Bieber is already standing at his door with a scowl on his face just like the one he had earlier. God, I don't have time to deal with his bullshit.

My sudden outburst earlier is like an outcome of my throbbing feet and the annoyance of what he did in the lobby. The swearing just kind of came out without thinking twice. I was so embarrassed after he walked out. I didn't even know how I would face him after. Will he make a comment about it? Will he-

"I have no time to stare back at you all day, Miss Gomez," he says smugly, his cold eyes pinning into mine. Then he stretches his arms, pushing the suitcase he's holding to me. "Here, carry this and let's go."

The suitcase almost fall from my hands but luckily I manage to get it before it touches the floor. I heard him mutter under his breath before walking away from me. I couldn't make out the word he said but I know it's either dumb or stupid.

He walks ahead of me, I'm having hard time catching up because of the pain I'm enduring. But I try to walk as fast as I could just hissing every other time.

We catch the elavator together this time. And I thank the engineers for fixing them because I cannot fathom to take the stairs again.

"Why are you standing like that?"

I look up to meet Mr. Bieber's face, his features slightly contorts into a confused one.

"Like what, sir?'' I question.

"Like you can't stand me." A smirk appears on his face. As we stand side by side, he turns to my way and now facing me directly.

Boom! He's gonna make reference about earlier now. Air, feel free to absorb me.

"I didn't like how you acted with me in your office. The way you talked. Have you," he steps forward, instantly making me step backward, "forgotten that I'm your boss?"

"I'm sorry for what I did earlier. I'm really sorry." I apologize, with a pained expression as I felt something hit my toe.

"What's wrong?"

I shake my head slightly before flashing him a small smile. The elevator opens and two women step inside, greeting Mr. Bieber a good afternoon. The other girl's face is flush when she sees me. Yeah, I still remember you, woman. You aren't that sneaky after doing business with Mr. Bieber weeks ago.

"How are you, Mr. Bieber?'' she asks, her stare focusing on his face, a small smile hinting at her lips.

He just casually shrugs, I even thought he will ignore her. But seconds later, he replies, "I'm doing good. Hope the same goes with you.''

His reply is chirp. As if he doesn't really want to talk with her or have interaction with her. Psh, I've seen this scene more than twice.

"Oh, well you're right," her high-pitched giggles literally bounce from to walls straight to our ears. And I'm not fond of the sound. It's annoying. Then she stealthily make her way to Mr. Bieber's side causing his shoulder and mine bump.

Maybe it's because I'm so annoyed at him, when our shoulders touch I jumped a little, pushing myself further at the side. And of course, the sudden twitch sends a little pain on my feet.

I reach down to adjust my shoe and while I do that, I notice the girl's hand coming up on his thighs. I quickly look away, cheeks flushing red from unnecessary embarrassment. I adjust my shoe, eyes pinning forward before straightening back up.

"Do you wanna come over later? I'd love to rekindle with your-"

Thank God, the elavator dings interupting the woman's whisper. I force my feet to step out of the elavator as soon as it opens because I don't think I can manage to breathe the same air with her. And Mr. Bieber. And whatever they were about to do.

We exit the building, and hop in his Lamborghini. Richard, his driver politely smiled at me before greeting Mr. Bieber who has no emotion on his face. I put myself on my usual seat, making sure to put some distance.

We reach the restaurant we're supposed to meet our new client. I let Mr. Bieber walk in first because I don't want him to see me walking in a weird way. Seriously, I need another pair of shoes right now.

The staff lead us to the table I made reservation for the other day. I'm convinced Mr. Bieber is really petty. He doesn't want to sit in other table but here. So I need to always make reservation for this table whenever we come here. I had to beg for this once.

I sit down beside him as we wait for the clients. I check the time on my phone, a slight frown curving on my lips seeing them being almost running late.

Mr. Bieber won't like this shit.

The waiter comes over asking if we want to order. I am in the middle of politely declining it when Mr. Bieber speaks and literally order his usual. The waiter asks me next and because he did, I do the same.

"Spaghetti alla Carbonara and water please," I say, politely smiling at the young man. He smiles back at me before excusing himself.

"She's late."

I glance beside me, momentarily staring at Mr. Bieber's profile. I won't lie. Yes, he's one of the most handsome men I've ever seen in my whole damn life. His charm and sex appeal are unquestionable. They will never be a question. But his attitude and manner seriously spoil all the goods in him. Too bad.

"What are you staring at?" his voice snaps me out of my thoughts, I quickly look away. My cheeks are flaming hot. Oh My God, he caught me staring. How embarrassing.

Dear floor,
Please open up. Swallow me whole and I won't utter a single complaint.

It's like the second time I ask that certain surface to open up from embarrassment. Get a grip, Gomez.

"Remember to pass the sales report I asked you to get. I want that in my table when we get back in the office." He commands. I have no choice but to nod. But then I remember, I already passed the papers he's looking for.

"I have already passed-"

"I'm sorry, I'm late. I got caught up in a traffic jam," a feminine voice says in irritated tone making us both look up. I see the perfect red lips first and the green eyes. My face heats up as sudden recognition dawn upon me.

She's that woman in the club that night. Oh, fuck.

Her eyes finding mine, her gaze sliding over me making my breath hitch. I hope she doesn't recognize me. Finger crossed.

She just stares at me. Her brow arches before she smiles. "You were that girl, aren't you?"

"You ain't playing no games, Justin," she throws him a playful look as she laughs, she even winks at him.

I'm dead.

Hi guys! Thank you so much for reading and for the feedbacks! I'm so happy you like it! I like this more, personally.

So, should I keep this?
Or the old one?
Or any suggestions?

Thank you so much, good morning/afternoon/night! ♡