xv. this battle ends now

Start from the beginning

          Such a pure soul, being corrupted at night.

          This was so ironic.

          Jason Todd's blue eyes traveled from her face to her right shoulder, where he found blood protruding from her suit. He pulled out a knife and decided to tear the suit a bit, revealing his partner's injured shoulder - he bit his lip as he saw that, thanks to his clouded judgment, she was really hurt because of him. Carefully, he introduced the edge of the knife and in the moonlight, he guided himself to find the bullet. Olivia wailed loudly and tried to move, gasping at the sudden pain. Jason hissed slowly, finding the bullet and slowly pulling it out.

          "Okay, almost there..." He murmured and Olivia's eyes released tears of pain. "Hold on, Liv, please hold on."

          And finally, Jason withdrew the bullet from the blonde's shoulder.

          Olivia howled in pain and tried to get up, but the blue-eyed boy stopped her before she could try. Quickly, Jason cut off some of the cape that was on Olivia's suit and used that as a bandage to wrap it around her shoulder - stopping the possible bleeding. Olivia gritted her teeth and grunted under her breath, blinking a few times, until her eyes focused on Jason - who was already staring at her. She brought her right hand (from the injured shoulder) to the boy's cheek and Jason closed his eyes.

          The slap that the blonde hit him managed to get his shit together.

          And damn, Olivia hit really hard.

          "Asshole."

          Jason rubbed his left cheek and frowned. "I deserved that."

          "You deserve a lot of insults from me," the blonde replied angrily. "And, to finish this thought, there is something else left to tell you: WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU DONE, JASON?!"

          "Oh god..." Jason rolled his eyes and Olivia tried again to get up, but he stopped her again. "Hey, hey. Easy, easy. You have a very serious gunshot wound."

          "Which you gave me, douchebag."

          "I see you still have your snake tongue," the blue-eyed boy added and shook his head. "You haven't changed at all."

          "Where are we? Where's Bruce?"

          "I don't know and I don't care."

          "Jason!"

          "Why the hell are you defending him?" Jason exclaimed annoyed and Olivia fell silent. "After what happened, after everything that happened in these years, why are you defending him?" The blonde-haired girl didn't answer. "He doomed you to certain death and you are ready to die, that is what happened and that is why you defend him. Bruce will always choose the mission before his partner, he always did. He destroyed you inside, Olivia."

          "I destroyed myself inside when I saw you die," Olivia replied coolly. "I decided to fall and let everything that was around collapse on me. He gave me a home, Jason. He gave me a family and he gave me a love that I lost a long time ago. Of course, I was ready to die."

          Now it was Jason's turn to be silent.

          "I never stopped looking for you, Jason Todd, never," the blonde continued and felt bitter tears wet her eyes. "Bruce never gave up, he never looked to replace you, no one backed down." A tear fell down her cheek. "When Arkham happened, we renewed our efforts to find you. But Bruce and I were captured and taken to Arkham City. Tim and Barbara continued with your search because we tried to stop the Joker. He didn't tell us your whereabouts, but we still don't stop looking for you." She pursed her lips, gathering courage and strength to say the following. "And then...then the package with your video arrived... a-and..."