xv. this battle ends now

Start from the beginning

          "Turn around."

          The two vigilantes turned, staring at the Arkham Knight - who was pointing his weapon at them - and waited for the next blow.

          Nothing happened.

          "Who are you?" Bruce asked.

          "You really have no idea," he said with a pained expression and took off his helmet. "Do you, Bruce?"

          Olivia felt her heart stop beating.

          It just stopped.

          Jason Todd stood in front of them, gun drawn, wearing military armor and a "J" scar on his left cheek. His blue eyes still had that glow that the blonde remembered, but his face only showed anger and pain - besides that he was no longer a child, but a man who matured in the worst way. A flower that never wilted and never left Olivia's life was the new weapon that could break her heart by sinking a simple knife.

          Jason Todd was alive.

          And she couldn't feel so happy and angry and scared at the same time.

          (But hey, who could have what they wanted, right?)

          "Jason..." Bruce asked in bewilderment. "But...you're dead."

          The unwanted presence of the Joker appeared right on the scene and Olivia's eyes burned holes in the silhouette of the violet-clad clown. "Let's not fall out here, Bats. I might have told you a teeny tiny little lie..." He pointed to Jason, who began to circle them slowly. "But c'mon, look...look at the boy!" He pointed at Batman. "You did good. We did good. You should be proud!"

          Olivia gasped and couldn't hold back a tear that came out of her eyes.

          "What's the matter? Lost for words?" Jason asked, gun raised. "I expected more...I'm hurt."

          "Joker sent me the film..." Bruce replied, trying not to sound as affected as his daughter was at the time. "We saw him kill you."

          "DON'T YOU DARE LIE TO ME!" Jason yelled raising his voice and Olivia gasped as Bruce stepped in front of her, knowing it wasn't a good time for her to be near Todd. "How long did you wait before replacing me, huh? A month? A week?! I trusted you...and you just left me to die!"

          Olivia found the strength to speak. "That's not what happened!"

          One warning shot was enough for Batman to put Olivia behind him, covering her "You always told me, Bruce, to focus on what I want to achieve...and it'll happen."

          "Jason, that's enough," Olivia growled.

          "This is between him and me, Olivia," Todd said furiously. "You know what I want now, huh?" He reached over and placed the barrel of the gun on Bruce's jaw. "I want you dead."

          Batman pulled the gun away quickly, to head butt him away, Olivia protested loudly, but Jason growled angrily and fired his guns at them. The blonde hid in the cracks and tried to calm herself.

          "You can't hide from me! I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN!"

          Through the cracks, Olivia watched as Jason armed a sniper rifle with his two guns, took off his helmet to replace it with another red helmet, and fired a hook to climb onto one of the ledges. The girl stayed still and touched her right ear. "Bruce...?"

          "I'm okay. Everything is okay."

          "It's definitely not okay."