vii. scarecrow's plan

Start from the beginning

          "Attack and break every bone you can," Batman said before dashing toward them.

          Olivia rolled her eyes and followed him.

          "Watch out! The bat!"

         Batwoman landed and kicked a bully, swinging at another quickly to punch him in the jaw and looked at the others, who grabbed their sticks and addressed him. It was something new to see that Batman was accompanied by a woman and not by Robin, his partner. Olivia groaned and launched herself at them, using a smoke grenade to disperse them. Batman watched as his daughter defeated each opponent and when the smoke cleared, she stood between the unconscious and injured bodies of the thugs.

          She looked at the bat and smiled, "What is it? Did a bat eat your tongue?"

          "Too good, for the first time," replied the knight, before going to the fallen policeman, holding out a hand. "You are safe."

          "Thanks, Batman," The cop said, accepting his hand and getting up. "I thought they would kill me."

          Olivia stood still and heard a distant noise, one like an engine, and looked to her left, watching as a military vehicle accelerated towards them. She screeched something before pulling out her hooked pistol and shot off to the side, followed by Batman (who charged the cop). All three landed on a nearby roof and the Knight left the wounded police officer on the ground. He gasped. "The city is under siege. There's nothing to do!"

          "Stay here," Batwoman declared. "We will send someone to pick you up."

          Batman touched two buttons and the policeman settled better. "What are you doing?"

          "Evening the odds."

          Olivia looked at him. "What?"

          Batman took her arm and dragged the young woman with him, the girl obviously screeched before landing softly thanks to her cloak. The sound of an engine was approaching and Batman took her arm again, both jumping to get into the vehicle that very few people managed to use in her life: the famous Batmobile. They both fell into the seats and the doors closed, leaving the large vehicle to be fully functional. Their waists were secured by seat belts and Batman touched two buttons on a panel above them.

          "Oracle, track that military vehicle," the Knight announced.

          Barbara's voice rang in Olivia's ears. "A patrol started the chase. I give you its location."

         "I didn't know the batmobile had a co-pilot seat," Olivia declared.

          "Are you in the Batmobile?!" Atlas asked.

          "Concentrate, Phantom," Barbara scolded.

          The batmobile's engine roared and Bruce stepped on the gas, blasting off the streets of Chinatown. Olivia gripped the speed belt tight and forced herself to stay still and alert as her father drove like crazy. He turned onto an avenue and passed several cars, some hitting them, and Olivia really wondered if that was going to matter to her later.

          (Knowing him, he wouldn't mind later.)

          "Get your men back, Jim," Batman declared to the communicator.

          A few meters away they managed to spot a patrol car and the military car that almost ran them over. The Batmobile crashed into a pole, wrecking it on the road and the car jerked, causing Olivia to growl. "I'll be driving next time!"