Part 12

They sat in her room well after dinner, hands wound together.

"Was that your first kiss, Link?" she asked.

"Yeah, it was... could you tell?" His fingers tightened on hers.

"No, it was good," she replied with a smile. "Simple, sweet, and gentle."

"You still took my breath away." His leg was bopping up and down. "Does the adrenaline wear off?" he asked with a chuckle. "It's been hours..."

Zelda shrugged. "I'm sure it does eventually... Want to get the energy out?"

He glanced at her for a moment, then blushed and looked away. "Doing what?"

"We could go for a swim."

"Oh," he said. "Sure. I don't have a change of clothes though."

She stood up and pulled him after her. "There are swimsuits down by the pool, so no worries."

They split once they reached the pool and went into separate rooms to change.

When Zelda exited, Link wasn't out yet. Probably still trying on the swimming shorts to find one that fit.

She sat on the edge of the pool and dipped her toes into the water. Warm, nice and warm. Zelda smoothed out her swimming dress, the white fabric partially in the water already. It had somewhat of a train. When it was in the water it was mesmerizing to watch, but out of the water she had to tie up so it didn't drag on the floor like a heavy slug.

The door opened and Link came in. He was wearing a swimming shirt too, which made her smile. The adorable blushing boy... Not quite ready to be shirtless in front of her. She turned and smiled to him, then patted beside her.

"Still full of energy?"

"Yes, I suppose it's difficult to get you out of my system," he said with a chuckle as he sat beside her. "Oh wow, the water is warm."

She smiled. "Heated pool," she replied with a shrug. "We have a hot tub over there too."

He looked and nodded. "We can go in there after the swim," he said.

"Sounds good to me." She pushed off the edge and sank into the waist deep water. She'd put her long hair up into a braided bun to keep it out of the chlorine.

Link stood up as if he was about to jump in.

She held up her hand. "Splash me, and I hold you under the water until the bubbles stop," she said with narrowed eyes. "Jump in over there."

"My apologies, I wasn't thinking of your beautiful hair." He nodded and moved to the deep end, wisely not arguing with the threat. When he surfaced he was smiling. "Man, this is nice..." he said as he treaded water. "So warm," he said.

"It's twelve feet too, so be careful of your ears when you jump."

"Right." He slid under the surface for a couple of seconds, then popped up next to her. "Got any goggles?"

She chuckled. He'd look fabulous in them. "Yeah, right there," she pointed to a box next to the edge of the pool. He could use it as an excuse to look at her without being all blushy. Not that her dress showed very much.

She watched as he played in the pool while she sat on a step under the water. She'd have joined him, but she'd spent a few hours in the pool a couple of days before and she didn't want her hair to go through that again so soon. Next time she would.

"Okay... I think I'm tired enough now," he said, holding three little pool weights in his hand. "You're right about the twelve foot... You gotta go slow or it hurts the ears."