Chapter six

We spent the whole day in home, I allowed myself to get to know dad a little better, and they laughed a lot trying to teach me how to speak spanish 'again'. Though I saw the concern in my father's face, he thinks I suffer amnesia. I'm pretty sure he'll surely take me to a psichologist soon.

Whatever, although I enjoy my dad's and brother's company, I need to create a plan to go back to my reality. Maybe I'm driving crazy. Luke can help me, he must be missing his old sister, right?

Next morning, I wake up. I wash my teeth, and head to my closet. There's nothing I like, I gotta go shopping. Do I have money? Will my father give me?

A little voice remembers me that I'm in a parallel reality and I'm here worrying about how to dress.

I haven't wondered if my old self works before. She easily could, she can drive so maybe.

I don't think so, I should've found out already. Already. How long have I been here? Three days?

The weather is hot today, I would like to wear a short or a skirt, but I just find pants. I chose knee-length military shorts, a black plain T-shirt, and vans shoes. I see a necklace and I put it on.

I tie my hair in a low ponytail, a few rebel strands stayed loose because of my short hair.

I get down the stairs and I see my father and Luke in the kitchen. The first one is making breakfast and the last one is sitted in the stool. I sit next to him.

Dad stares at me with a worried expression.

"How are you?"

"I'm fine."

"Do you remember something now?"

"No."

He looks at me sadly and I feel bad, but I don't find anything else to say. I'm not gonna lie to him.

I gotta speak with Luke to see if he comes up wirh something, but my father will think I'm crazy if he hears me. I take my phone and send him a whatsapp.

Me:
Hey, I was thinking...
What if we make a plan to help me go back?
You surely wanna see your sister again and i want my past life. It can't be impossible.

I send it. I hear how his phone vibrates. He gives me a confused look.

Luke:
Tell me on our way to school.

We eat and head to the bus stop.

Luke starts talking.

"How do you think I can help you to jump to another dimension?"

He has a point.

"I don't know. I'm confused. It sounds so crazy and I don't have any clue of how to do it. You could maybe give me an idea."

He sighs. We sit on the stop.

"I would like to help you. But it sounds like something you have to figure out on your own. The same way you managed to do it with your mind. Besides, how do you know that when you travel, you will do it back to when you started instead of another new universe? On one that we are all, I don't know, cats or something."

Shit. I hadn't thought about that. I get frustrated with the fact that I'm so far from a solution.

"You're not helping."

"I'm sorry. How did you travel in the first place? Why?"

I think about it.

"One day I went to sleep and I woke up here. I don't know how or why but I keep waking up in here."