Summers and Bummers

Start from the beginning

"Jeremy.." I whispered, clutching him as tightly as I could while I cried. I felt his warmth and remembered the smell of him. "You're here." I stated in disbelief as more tears filled my eyes and I pulled him closer, letting the tears soak his shirt.
~~~~

"You need to get rid of Silas' body." Bonnie warned emotionlessly as she held herself in front of Damon, Stefan and I.

"Well, there's a slight problem, Medusa. Even though you turned him into stone, if he gets one drop of blood, he's back to his old mind tricks." Damon pointed out in annoyance, leaning against the back of his Camaro with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Alright, so let's do what we should have done to Klaus. Let's drop his body in the middle of the ocean." Stefan suggested and I nodded in agreement, folding my arms over my chest.

"Bonnie.." A voice said softly before we all looked to see Elena who stood behind her. "I—I don't know what to say." Elena stated quietly, sighing in some defeat before Bonnie stepped closer towards her.

"You don't have to say anything." Bonnie replied, giving a small shrug back in return.

"But I was so horrible to you." Elena countered as she started shaking her head and I tilted mine at her.

"You weren't you. I know what that's like.. I wasn't me for a long time." Bonnie pointed out as she gave Elena a small smile. "We can talk about that later.. You guys have some catching up to do." She added before gesturing behind Elena. Elena smiled as Jeremy walked over towards us and stood behind Elena, staring at Bonnie as silence fell over all of us.

"Thank you, Bonnie.." Jeremy whispered towards her, breaking their silence. Bonnie's breath hitches in her throat as she looked between Elena, Jeremy and I before she let the breath out.

"I'll give you guys as much time as I can." Bonnie reassured quietly before Jeremy grabbed her, pulling her towards him and hugging her tightly. Bonnie sighed from within his arms and I looked down in defeat before the two slowly pulled away. "But I have to go put the veil back up.." Bonnie whispered, staring up at Jeremy before walking away and I cleared my throat and turned towards Damon and Stefan.

"I should make sure Kol's body is somewhere safe until the veil goes back up." Stefan stated, putting his hands in his pant pockets and nodding at Damon and I. He turned away from us and was about to walk away but Elena stopped him.

"Stefan, wait—" Elena started and Stefan looked at her silently before he gave her a short nod and showed a small smile, making her tilt her head and smile back at him.

"Welcome, back." Stefan stated towards her and she smiled at him before he nodded at Damon and walked away from us.

"There's not enough time." Elena stated in defeat and I slowly nodded and looked at Damon who shrugged.

"There's never enough time." Damon replied quietly before Elena sighed and looked between us.

"Damon, Mariana, I'm sorry—" Elena started in defeat before I quickly cut her off.

"Don't worry about it.. We both have more important things to think about right now." I countered before gesturing my head towards Jeremy. Elena slowly nodded in agreement and looked over her shoulder at Jer who stood behind her. "We need to say goodbye.." I whispered as I stared at him only for him to give me a small smile in return. I sighed and walked towards him, as did Elena before he engulfed us and I buried my head in his chest. I sighed deeply and closed my eyes, trying to keep from crying but it was inevitable.. Just like him leaving was inevitable.