1

4:30. . .I thought, cursing under my breath. I really regretted taking biology as one of my classes, wishing that the college schedule was like high schools, ending around three or so. . .but nooo they have to have classes until six! If I was still in high school, I would be watching tv or even sleeping by now. But I wasn't going to skip classes and get in trouble.

I slowly lifted myself off my bed, soon seeing that my roommate was trying his best to hurry up and get ready, despite having thirty more minutes.

"What's the hurry, Paul?" (Yes, I know that the regular characters would be really young, but we need more character than just the reader and Henry) I asked, Paul turning to me, a slight look of relief washing over him.

"Finally, your up. . ." He said, which I rolled my eyes to, "What took you so long?"

"I asked you a question first Paul, what's the rush. . ." I asked, him sighing softly.

"This is one of the only classes I have with my girlfriend. . .I wanna look. . ." Paul started, but slightly trailed off.

"Good?" I finished, him nodding. I walked behind him, placing a hand on his shoulder, "She's your girlfriend for god sake, she wouldn't care how you look. . .even if you look like you haven't slept for at least four days. . ."

Paul nudged my hand off his shoulder, "Three days to be exact." He bragged, my eyes widening.

"I was joking. . . ?" I practically asked, Paul shrugging.

"Accounting classes take a lot out of you, with all the homework and shit. . .quite a lot. . ." Paul soon yawned after the sentence.

"You better go to sleep when we get back to the dorm. . . !" I warned, Paul about to protest, but stopping when I narrowed my eyes.

"Um. . .oh! Did you hear? There's a new biology professor. . ." Paul said, raising his eyebrows slightly.

"And. . . ? Your point is?" I asked, confused. Out last professor was fired for flirting with the female students, and was soon caught taking pictures of said female students while they were in the locker rooms. . .Paul's girlfriend—Emma—being one of which that caught him.

"Almost every female biology major says he's cute. . ." Paul said, emphasizing the word "cute" in a more high pitch, girly voice. The voice made me snort out a laugh, which also made him laugh.

"The girls think he's cute? Jesus. . .they need some standards. He's probably like. . .eighty or somethi-"

"He's not eighty. . .one of the students actually asked him. . .he's the youngest professor on campus!" Paul practically gushed.

"Sounds like you have a crush. . .calm yourself. . ." I rolled my eyes, Paul scoffing.

"I do not have a crush on our new professor! I'm just. . .trying to help a bi friend out. . ." He said, winking at me, earning a fake gag from me.

"Ew! You think I'll have a crush on a fucking professor?! Man you total moi loco!" I protested, Paul practically laughing in my face.

"Oh my god, I'm so scared! You spoke Spanish! I know you are taking Spanish classes and you are not scaring me. . ." Paul said calmly, continuing to get ready, "What's the time?"

"Four-fifty ni. . ." I stopped in my tracks, it couldn't already be time for class to start, "We're late!"

Paul stopped what he was doing, his hair half brushed, "Continue brushing, leave it, or mess it all up?"

"Mess it up, what else?!" I screamed, grabbing my bag and running to the door, seeing Paul shake his head wildly to mess up his hair.

Fuck Paul. . .I thought to myself, Let him be late! I can't be! I'm never late! I'm gonna get laughed at when I walk in and other crazy shit like that!

I snapped my eyes shut, feeling my face boil red as I thought of the many embarrassing things that could happen if I was-

late! The new professor might be really strict and flunk me on the spot! I swear to god, stop being stupid and open your eyes! Your fine, if you don't open your eyes your gonna ram into someone or something and-

I felt my body collide with something, enough force behind it that I fell straight on my ass. I heard a loud thud afterward. You bumped into someone. . .A voice told me, I told you to open your eyes. . .and you didn't. Karma's a bitch, isn't it?

I opened my eyes slowly, afraid to see that the person that I ran into was hurt, afraid to see that it was a puny kid, afraid to see that it was a jock, afraid of everything that I might see. It definitely didn't help when I saw a slightly tall and lanky guy, wearing a black turtle neck with khakis. His hair was a light brown color, almost ginger in the light of the building. Multiple books covered the floor around him, in which he probably dropped. And then I saw it. A name tag. . .Professor Hidgens. I ran into the new professor. . .what a nice first impression. He slowly lifted himself off of his back, looking in my direction.

"Are. . .are you ok?" He asked, his greenish-blue eyes showing only empathy towards me. I felt heat rising up my neck and flourish on my face. . .Paul heard all the female students right. . .and the female students weren't wrong. The new professor was probably one of the cutest and maybe even hottest guys I had ever seen in my goddamn life!

"Y-yeah! I'm f-fine. . .are you o-ok?" I managed to stammer out, cursing under my breath at my inability to talk in front of him.

"I'm fine, myself. . .I see you weren't the only one hurrying to class!" He chuckled slightly, it was one of those laughs that could cause a chain reaction to go around a room, filling it with other people's giggles, cackles, laughs, and like his own, beautiful and somewhat angelic chuckles.

"Oh, um. . .yeah, I was just heading to your class, too. . ." I said, trying not to seem awkward. . .even thought being awkward was my go to.

The professor—Professor Hidgens, which is what his name tag said—started to pick up his books, stacking them in his arms one by one. "Wait, let me help you with tha-"

I started to reach for a book, soon feeling something touch my hand. . .it was Professor Hidgens own hand. I pulled my hand away quickly, letting him pick it up. He finally had a stack of about five, one-thousand(?) page books in his arms, almost looking impossible for his body.

I hurried into the room and to my seat, awaiting his teaching.