Forgetting Arlo (5)

Without You by David Guetta featuring Usher

You can read ahead now on Patreon or Inkitt. Use this link for Patreon: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

For Inkitt: 

The link will also be found on my Wattpad profile

Lily's POV

The next day, I find myself cruising down the country lanes to the nearest shopping centre. The bus is packed with loud and happy students.

Iris and Esme are sat in front of me whilst Amber is comfortably sat next to me. She glances at me every once in a while, her eyes devoid of any emotion. It chills me to the bone—I have never seen her look like a robot before.

Bailey sits close to me. I sometimes catch him staring at me, with stars in his eyes.

Thoughts of yesterday afternoon circulate my mind. Meeting Callie was unexpected...and alarming. Immediately after meeting her, I fled. I haven't seen her since.

Seeing Callie reminds me of Arlo. I can't have any reminders of Arlo in my life right now. I just want to forget him.

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I direct my attention outside the window again. Everything blurs together.

By the time we arrive at the bus station, at five o'clock.

We filter off the bus quickly and separate. Bailey finds his way to me—as if he is a magnet attracted to me. My heart expands when I catch sight of him again. He saunters over to me with purpose and want. Our eyes remained locked on each other. Amber notices our exchange and clears her throat loudly.

She gives me a pointed look, unimpressed. Her feelings towards Bailey are understandable but still upsetting. Even if I did want to pursue him, I would never have her blessing.

"Tred carefully," She reminds me, quietly. Bailey stops in front of me so that I can catch a whiff of his intoxicating scent. Amber gives me one more lingering look and then makes a quick exit.

"Your sister doesn't like me," He states, in displeasure. His green eyes hold sadness, something I too familiar with.

Shrugging my shoulders, I try to ease his worry. "She doesn't trust people easily. She's always been like that."

It's true. Out of the two of us, Amber has always been the person who is cautious. When I met my group of friends, Amber was reluctant to spend time with them. It took years for her to open up. And even then, she was still hesitant to tell them things. I'm shocked she's already become so close with Iris, Esme and Josh. She appears to have found her crowd.

I'm beyond happy for her but I'm also upset that she found them. It means I won't be one of the most important people in her life anymore. She'll have any of them to talk to.