Attention

Why would i not seek attention?

Kindness fluttered her eyes opened for, like, the tenth time of the night. Again she heard Envy cry of pain from the room across hers. They usually sleep together, but today Envy requested to sleep in the guest room.
She hoped she didn't hurt his feelings somehow.

Kindness couldn't take it anymore. She sat up straight and looked around for her slippers. She stood up and wrapped her scarf around her neck. She couldn't even last a second without the heater, the weather was freezing these days.

Knock knock

"Envy?" Kindness said, knocking on Envy's door.

"C-come in." A hoarse voice answered from inside.

"That's it! I can't stand hearing your cries of pain anymore!" Kindness said as soon she stepped inside.

"Oh.. you want me to stop?" Envy said weakly.

"I- no- I mean- where were you from? Why did you go home so late, so weak, then requested to sleep in a different room?" Kindness said a bit demandingly, as she walked nearer to Envy.

"I.. well.. you know." Envy said, closing his eyes.

Kindness bit her lip. Envy had gone out with the unrestrained sins again. They had planned another attack. Why?

"Where does it hurt?" Kindness asked, softer this time.

"Here." Envy pointed to his head. "Here." To his knees. "Here." To his shoulders. "And.. here." Envy said, while pulling up his shirt, showing a dagger sized gash pouring with blood on his chest, narrowly missing his heart.

"WHAT?!" Kindness said, very shocked now.

"Why didn't you tell me? You are so stupid sometimes! This could've been healed long ago.. bla bla.." Kindness said, fussing over him while doing her healing magic.

A while later, all of Envy's wounds were plastered, except for the stab wound.

"Okay.. now all that's left is that stab wound. Oh, i can't even stand looking at it." Kindness said, frowning.

"Then don't." Envy said. He tried to touch Kindness' face, but that only resulted in a shot of pain in his injured shoulder.

Kindness caught Envy's hand.
"Don't try to do anything stupid. Oh no! Look! Your spirit gauge is at 2%! Why didn't you tell me earlier..." Kindness said, trying to figure out a way to heal the stab wound.

"Oh no! We're out of plasters!" Kindness said, looking over to the stack of medicines on Envy's nightstand she has brought.

"It's okay.. it doesn't need to be plastered. It's not pouring blood anyways, right?" Envy said, trying to look at his wound, but gave up.

"Well.. no.. but it still needs to be healed! Oh, I've.. got an idea." Kindness said.

She untied her scarf and began to wrap it around Envy's thin chest, supporting his back a little. Envy's head was getting close to Kindness, and he took the chance to kiss her shoulder. Kindness was a bit alarmed and dropped him suddenly.

"Ouch!" Envy said weakly.

"Ohmygod, sorry sorry, i didn't mean to-" Kindness said, blushing very hard.

"Heheh, it's okay. By the way.. this is your favourite scarf. Don't you need it?" Envy said.

"Well.. blood stains can be washed off." Kindness said with a little smile.

Envy tried to smile weakly, but he guessed it just came out as a failed grimace.

"Oh, that's great! Your spirit gauge is rising... but.. it's only at 3%? Seriously? A 1% raise?" Kindness said.

"It's rising with my feelings for you, Kindness." Envy said quietly.

"W-what?" Kindness said, blinking back tears.

"Did you know why didn't i tell you earlier?" Envy said even more quietly, so Kindness had to kneel to hear him.

"Why?" Kindness asked, on the verge of tears.

"I felt like you didn't care for me anymore." Envy said.

Kindness stayed quiet, letting envy speak.

"You didn't give me your usual attention, and you kinda.. stopped being nice to me." Envy said.

"W-what gives you that impression?" Kindness said weakly, she was actually crying now.

"After you started being nice to Wrath." Envy said.

It was like an arrow to Kindness' heart. Yes, it was true, she had been nice to Wrath lately. It was because he had saved her life a few months ago, and Kindness couldn't be thankful enough.

"Wrath respected you more, and you stopped fearing him. You two became close and became the source of attention. It was us but then it was you and Wrath. You were like.. the ultimate spirit couple. And i was thrown away like garbage." Envy said.

"C-couple?" Kindness said, whose eyes were red from crying.

"Well, at least that was their impression. The wrathful and the kind, polar opposites, much more likely than the envy and the kind." Envy said.

"No.. envy, i-" Kindness began, but envy put a white finger on her mouth. His face was extremely pale by now.

"I didn't tell you because i didn't want you to think that i'm just seeking attention. I didn't want you to think that im just some possessive boy seeking attention and pretending to be injured. But then now.. i think..." Envy said. He touched Kindness' hair.
"I'm the sin of envy, why would i not seek attention?" Envy said, smiling weakly.

"Envy.. all this time.. i'm so sorry, we're going to bring you to the hospital, it's okay, we're going to be okay, i love you, darling, i do-" Kindness said as she began to stand up.

But then she saw Envy's face. It was expressionless. His eyes were glassy. It was as pale as ice. He was fading-

"Envy.. no no no- this can't be happening-"

"Envy please stay with me- it's okay, we can do this..."

"ENVY PLEASE STAY!" Kindness screamed hopelessly.

Envy's body, Vidi's body, began to fade away until nothing was longer form.

Kindness felt empty, like her heart had been taken out, then ripped to pieces, then put back. She fell down to her knees and cried her eyes out on the now empty bed.

From that day on, no human ever felt envy.

(This part two is actually made by my cousin. Since she doesn't have an acc yet, why not publish it here? Again, I'm sorry if there's a mistakes or typos!)
(She already have an acc! Go give it a look! The username is princessbxlle)