Dark Side

GluTempe fanfiction
After the Soul and Flesh arc

Will you love me?
Even with my dark side?

   Gluttony opens his eyes slowly. His whole body feels sore. His throat hurt. He tries to get up, but his head is dizzy that it feels heavy. He surrender. He lies in silent, staring empty to the ceiling.

   Ever since he 'rampaged', he's been in a bed rest because Temperance told him to. His spirit gauge has been recovered, but the moment he turned to his human form, his body become weak. So he should stay in the bed, and this is the 3rd day.

   Witchcraft's word still ringing in his head.

   “After all, you're just the sixth strongest big sin.”

   “You strength is just a small dirt. It's no use.”

   Gluttony groaned. He gripped the mattress strongly. He covered his eyes with his hand, and rolled to the side, facing the wall. He let out a deep sigh. He grip his chest, trying to calm his racing heartbeat. He started to pant.

   “Who am I lying to?”

   “Just face it, dumbass. You're weak. Compared to your siblings, you're weak. Even the virtues, even your rival…”

   Just then, the door opened, breaking his stressing daydream. Temperance walk in, with a bowl of porridge and a glass of water. She glanced to the table beside the bed and noticed many food trash.

   “Did you just eat those?” She pointed to the table.

   Gluttony rolled back, facing her. He glanced at the table, and put a little smile. “Yes. I often wake in midnight because of hunger.”

   That was a lie. He had nightmares. And he eats when he get stressed.

   “Oh”. Temperance let out a sigh. “I’m glad, it seems like your appetite is just fine.”

   Gluttony smiled. He tries to sit, though it hurt. He sees the tray that Temperance bring. “Give me that. I'm hungry.”

   Temperance giggled. She set a table on the bed, and put the tray there. She watched Gluttony eat.

   They were silent.

   Gluttony sure eats fast. I guess he must really hungry, Temperance thought. Honestly, she's amazed that he could eat all those snacks at midnight and still managed to eat in the morning. Well, he is gluttony, though.

   Once Gluttony finish his food, she immediately tidy up the bed. She pick up the tray, and left the room. Seconds later, she's back with a bowl in her hand. The bowl let out a steam.

   “Here. Drink this slowly.” Temperance hands Gluttony the bowl.

   Gluttony looks at the dark green liquid on the bowl. It's medicine. He lift the bowl to his mouth, and drink the liquid slowly. He could feel his throat burned, but he managed to finish it. He handed the bowl back to Temperance.

   Temperance walked to the door. She paused for a moment, and turn back to face Gluttony.

   “You know…” Temperance paused. “You have been quiet these days… and that's so not you.”

   Temperance bit her lip. She's not good at this kind of talk, and Gluttony is looking at her intensely.

   “If… if there's something that bothering you, please let me know.” She bowed, and immediately close the door.

   Gluttony's eyes are still locked to where Temperance was standing at. He shook his head, and lies on the bed again.

   He was touched. He's touched by Temperance's words. She already knows his secret, his trouble, his struggle…

   Maybe he can share it with her?

   There's someone that he can rely on.

   But, will Temperance want to hear him? Will Temperance care about it? Will Temperance laugh at him?

   He panted again. He closes his eyes, trying to clear his mind. Soon, he's fast asleep.
•••
   He woke up in surprise. He's panting, and his pillow is covered in sweat.

   I guess it's nightmare again…

   He sat down. He tries to move his hand, but something holds it. He turned his head and sees Temperance, holding his hand, sleeping on the chair beside the bed. Her head lies on the bed.

   His hand is sweaty, but Temperance hold it so strong that he couldn't let go. He sighed, and let out a soft smile.

   He pat her head with the other hand. He feels her soft hair, it's soothing. His heartbeat slowed down.

Don't run away
Don't run away

   Temperance opens her eyes. She lift her head, facing him.

   “Ah. You're awake” she said with a half-asleep voice.

   Gluttony smiled. “Sorry to wake you up.”

   Temperance shook her head and smiled. “I heard voice, so I walked to your room. You are panting and mumbling. Do you have a nightmare?”

   The smile in his face disappeared. His face become cloudy. He looked down.

   “Gluttony?” Temperance touched his cheek softly. “Is there something that bothering you?”

   Gluttony didn't answered, but Temperance could feel him nodding slowly.

   Temperance sighed. “You could always tell me, you know?”

   Gluttony shook his head softly.

   “I will listen, Gluttony. You don't have to be afraid.”

   Gluttony lift his head.

   Temperance smiled softly. She hold both of his cheeks with her hands. “I miss your cheery face, stupid panda…”

   Gluttony feel lighter. That simple words of Temperance make him feel better. He rest his head on Temperance's shoulder. Temperance stroke his hair softly.

Just tell me that you will stay
Promise me you will stay...

   Gluttony felt sleepy. “Don’t leave.”

   Temperance smiled softly. “I won't.”

   Gluttony is now asleep, in Temperance's shoulder. Although he's scared he might get another nightmare, this time he knows that he wouldn't have to face it alone.

Song: Dark Side by Kelly Clarkson

(Thank you for reading! I'm sorry if there's still a mistakes or typos ^^)