I smiled and Sarah smiled too and held my hand “New life?” she asked I nodded and hugged her. “What happen to your leg?” Carl asked I said “Car wreck” and he said, “Hershel will look at it.” I nodded “Thank you,” I said smiling and Sarah said, “I think we will be okay “ she smiled I nodded. “We are alright” I said smiling she smiled back and we go to where more people were they all stared. Carl limped me to an old man “Herschel this is Violet, can you patch her leg up please.” He nodded and walked in a room and got supplies Rick came up to me and said “I’ll take your bag, and weapons and put it in your cell” I nodded and handed him my stuff. 

Herschel walked back in I noticed he was missing a foot and asked, “What happened?” he said, “walker bit me, Rick cut off the infection.” “You can do that?” I asked and he nodded. He started patching my leg and said “My daughter Beth is in the room taking care of Judith the baby, you can go in there and introduce your self after I patch you up” I nodded “ “It’ll be nice to see another teenage girl, I been with my sister since it started.” He nodded “only you guys?” 

I shook my head “I had my uncle and dad” I continued,  “my uncle was the first we were scavenging a convenience store he was bit” I finished “Last night my dad died” and he looked at me and said “How?” and I said “Car crash, its how my leg got messed up, and the glass went in his chest and eyes, he turned I was hesitating shooting him, so my sister stabbed him in the head and left the pocketknife there…” he looked at me and said “Your sister?” I nodded “Sarah, she is over there” and he said “is she younger than you?” I shook my head “she is my twin” and he said “you look older” and I said “ I know, by three minutes” and he laughed. I laughed too, “You are pretty strong, and I would expect you to cry that your dad is dead” I shook my head “he taught us how to be strong, he told us everyday at least once that he will be gone.” He nodded “He was a god father I bet” “he had some flaws” I said he said “like what?” I took a deep breath “he wanted my sister to learn how to fight and survive, so a walker was on her and he told me to wait, I ended up shooting the walker, I didn’t want her to die. He kept saying Sarah was weak… Sarah shown him that day, she is a good shot.” Herschel nodded “well you are patched up” I nodded “Thank you.” I got up and walked to the next room where he said Beth was. This blond hair girl looked at me with her Blue eyes and she had a baby in her hand “Beth?” I asked and she nodded “You are?” “Violet” she nodded “Daddy patched you up?” I nodded and she said, “he is a good man” I nodded and said, “yes, yes he is.”

“Well, this is Judith want to hold her?” she asked I nodded my head and said, “Sure” I held her and said, and “this is my first time holding a baby” she said, “you never held one?” I said “no I would have, but my mother died with the baby in her stomach.” She looked at me and said, “Was this before the world went to hell?” I nodded my head “two years before it.”

Carl walked in and said, “I wanted to introduce myself and say who I am exactly” I nodded with the not expecting this conversation. “I’m Carl Grimes, I’m Thirteen years old” “Sarah and I are too we turned it like a month ago” I said and he nodded “Did you really had a dream with my dad and I in it?” I nodded and he said, “I had a dream too….” I looked at him strange and he said “some girl and her sister looked like you guys came up to me in the woods I ran, got my dad” I laughed that’s how it was for me I ran in the woods with her and saw you and you ran, you and your dad came back” and he said “I didn’t go back in my dream” we laughed  “oh well” I said. 

“Dad told me to show you were your cell is,” he randomly blurted out and I nodded and got up and followed him to my cell. He jumped on the top bunk and I said, “is this your cell too?” he nodded and said “Sarah has one next to us with Beth” I nodded well. I lay on my bed and said “So much better than a car.” 

“Violet?” Carl said and I said “Yeah?” and he said, “What happened to your dad, why was you and your sister laughing.” I took a deep breath rolled over and start using my finger to trace on the wall and said, “my father died last night in the car crash, we were laughing cause we were happy we found safety, and we thought our dad is most likely proud of us. He used to tell us everyday he is going to die we will have to move on. He thought Sarah was weak, he was proud to see her kill a few walkers when she got pissed at him.” and he said “Why was she pissed” “at first she didn’t want to kill, walkers. She wanted to die. One was on her and he told me to wait and both my dad and I thought she didn’t know. I shot the walker saying that’s not how to teach her.” I stopped and continued, “my dad was telling me that she was weak and doesn’t know what to do. She walked and heard and said she knew what to do destroy the brain and she ran outside crying and pulled her pistol out and shot three of them down, no sweat, no fear, no thinking. My dad then found out she wasn’t weak, she was a good shot, it’s what we call her.” Carl said “Good shot?” I nodded and said, “She is our little good shot.” “You guys are twins?” he asked, “ Yes, I’m three minutes older” I said with a giggle and giggled too.

“Violet!” Sarah shouted so I got up and walked out my cell and looked for her and she said, “We don’t have a cell together…” I nodded and said “I know” and she said “I want you to have the same cell as me…” and I said “Too bad, Sarah just be happy we have a home now” we have a home now. She smiled and hugged me and said I can’t wait to sleep in our new beds “ and smiled hugged me and ran to her cell. I smiled finally we have a safe place to live I went in my cell and lay down to sleep.