Chapter Two

Meeting

Next Morning

I woke up and looked over at my sister asleep, ” Sarah, get up” I said and she shook her she woke up and asked “Time to get to work?” “Yeah” I replied.

She jumped up and helped me rolled up the blanket, I remembered last night. Dad died, and turned, Sarah put him down. First day on our own, we have seen it happening one day. Dad mentioned it at least once a day.

“Violet, will we make it?” Sarah asked and I nodded “we have to head in.”

We grabbed our stuff and got our guns ready. We headed in 

I was walking funny cause last night the car crash Sarah was fine so that was good.

There was one walker so I grabbed my crossbow and got it in the head and pulled it out and loaded it again put it behind me. I was leaping, there was three walkers in front of us I nodded my head at Sarah and she put them down with her pistol one by one. 

Carl POV

My group and I heard gunshots in the back we haven’t heard in forever we blocked it off. “Dad!” I shouted and he looked over at me when he was walking out with Garden tools. He dropped everything and we got ready and ran back there to open the block gates. We heard a girl screaming so we ran.

Violet POV

We were still shooting, I was still leaping. Sarah helped me and we ran. I looked up to see the gate closed and locked like people actually locked it.

 “Hey!” I started shouting Sarah looked over at me and let go of me and started shooting some behind us. My leg just forgot it was hurting and I grabbed Sarah and ran to the gate screaming “Open this, I know people are here” Sarah nudged me and shown me walkers coming. We both got our pistols out started shooting.

There were ten more and we kept shooting putting them all down. Then I felt wind behind me, there was people opening it. 

“Sarah go!” I said “Not until they are all down” she said, I’m starting to realized since dad’s death Sarah is growing up. I nodded “Then stop wasting bullets” she smiled and nodded grabbed her Pocketknife out, I grabbed mine and we ran and each of us grabbed one, and stabbed their head and there was a few more but someone else started shooting. The one that was about to grab me was shot I grabbed Sarah and we ran to the opening. The people that open the gate closed it we dropped everything we had and we was breathing heavy Sarah started laughing and I looked at her smiling “What’s so funny” “Dad would be proud of us right now” she said I laughed and slide on the wall laughing so hard “you’re right I bet he is though… he is watching us telling us” she started laughing harder “We talking about heaven now?” she said in her laugh.

The man and the boy were looking at us strange. I got up and said, “Thank you, Sarah get up let them check us.” We got up and put our hands up and he laughed and checked us, I than realized it was Carl and Rick from my dream. “Is your name Rick?”  He said, “Yeah and you are?” I said  “Violet” and he said, “How do you know my name?” “I had a dream, I know I sound crazy you and your son Carl appeared in it and invited us to your group you asked us three questions.” Rick laughed and said, “so you know my three questions” I nodded and he said, “What are they?” 

“How many walkers we killed? Too many to count” “how many people we killed? None why? Didn’t get to the time yet” he smiled and said, “Well I’ll be damned, and those are exactly the questions. “