A New Beginning (A Walking Dead fan fiction)

Prologue 

Moving on

    “Sarah, stop!” I was shouting giggling my twin sister; the weird part was we looked nothing like each other. We both dyed our hair she has blue eyes I have green. “Violet, wait do you hear that?” Sarah randomly said. I got up from her tickling me, and got up to see what that noise was. I looked out the door window. I saw someone trying to get in, or something. The television clicked on, I looked to see Sarah with the remote “Sarah turn that shit off, someone is trying to break in,” I whispered. But what ever was on television seems to catch both Sarah and I eyes. There were people eating other people on television, but they didn’t look like people. We then heard a bang from the door, someone came in. we hid behind the couch. “Is anyone here!” the man shouting. Sarah went to get up I was trying to hold her down but some how she got up, I then got up. The man turn around to see us “Where are your parents?” he asked and I spoke up and said, “we only have a dad and he is out, working.” “Well is he one of those things?’ he asked I shrugged my shoulders and he asked, “What are your names?” “I’m Violet,” I said and Sarah spoke up “I’m Sarah and you?” “John” he said and I looked at his arm to see a bite… “Are you okay?” I asked and he said “Yeah why?” “You are bit, why are you bit” I got concerned. “Just one of those things” he said and I nodded “you’re still alive so that’s good” I looked down and continued, “unlike the ones on television “ he nodded and said “ it’s not something for little girls to see, how old are you guys”  “Twelve “ I said “Both of you?” and I said “We are twins” he nodded and than he started screaming in pain at his arm and he passed out. “Sarah stay back, might not be safe,” I said holding her. After Ten minutes of silence, “John?” I said he moaned… “John?” I said again and he opened his eyes, his eyes was different he was different he stood up and started walking towards us. Sarah crouched down and started crying and I was just in shocked. This guy or thing was after us… “Sarah get up we have to run” she shook her head and I ran to the closest room which was the kitchen and grabbed a knife ran back to the couch and looked at it slowly walking towards us still. “Okay Sarah, what I’m about to do isn’t killing a human.” She nodded didn’t exactly know what I was talking about. He got closer and I stabbed him he wasn’t dead or even backing up he than got on top of me and I kept stabbing him then I thought the head. I stabbed his head and he stopped he was dead… I stood up and Sarah asked, “Is it dead? Are you okay?” I nodded “I’m fine” someone else then barged in I pulled my knife ready to attack and it was dad.

   “Dad!” Sarah shouted and ran to him and he hugged her. “Violet?” my dad questioned I hugged him. “One of those things attacked you?” I nodded “were you bit? I shook my head “No I wasn’t, dad what’s going on?” I asked and he said, “No time to explain lets go.” Sarah and I got a bag full of food and put a pair of clothes from each of us and got ready to leave “Uncle Paul is in the truck” dad said as I nodded. “And… Violet” I looked up to dads calling “you did good… remember that” he said I nodded. We put the things in the truck, got in, and drove off. “We’re going north to the next state up, Atlanta” my uncle nodded and drove. “Violet” Sarah said my name and I looked at her. “Is our old life over?” she asked and I nodded and she looked back out the window.

Two days later

 It was the fifth time we stopped in two days, looking for supplies and gas. “Violet, come here” my dad said. I jumped out of the truck and walked up to him and he said “You have to learn, how to kill, protect, and survive” I looked puzzled and he said “Your uncle and I isn’t going to live long, all you will have is Sarah and she barley knows what to do when it comes to those things.” I nodded and said, “she will learn too.” “She won’t like it” he said I nodded “but she needs to learn.” 

 “Violet, that night it all started” he started to say and I said “What about it?” and he said “How did you know to hurt the brain” “I didn’t at first, I realized stabbing it wouldn’t do anything, so I hit it brain.” He nodded “good thinking,” “Dad?” he said, “Yes sweetie?” “His name was John” I said he looked shocked “How do you know that?” I said “He was alive before he turned “ my dad nodded “do you know how he just… turned” “He was bit” I strongly said and he said “so just a bite can make you turn… great” I nodded “going back in the truck…” he nodded.

  “Violet” I heard my sister say my name the first in two days. “Yes?” I said and she said, “Are we going to live?” I nodded “but you have to learn to survive with me…” she nodded and proceed to look out the window. Dad got back in the truck, “I wish your Uncle would hurry up.” We then heard some shooting we looked up to see uncle Paul running out of the convenience store with his gun out shooting. He jumped in the back of the truck and shouted “Hit the gas!” dad got in the drivers seat and drove fast and we got out. When we stopped again Uncle Paul was in the back breathing heavy “Dad get out and see if he was bit” I whispered “Shit!” dad shouted “Out of gas great!” he jumped out and shouted “Please tell me you got some gas” dad froze… “You’re bit,” he said. Uncle Paul said, “Yeah so what I’m here…” “No, you will turn” dad said. “What makes you say that?” uncle Paul questioned. “Violet and Sarah witnessed that guy that was bit.” Dad took a deep breathe “Sorry Paul, I’m so sorry brother” “So you are going to kill me?” he said and dad said “I have to.” Before uncle even got to say anything he passed out “Paul?” dad shouted his brother’s name none stop. For ten minutes straight. 

 He finally opened his eyes, same thing different….

 “I’m sorry” my dad whispered and pointed the gun at his brother’s head and shot. 

   Dad got his brother’s body out the back truck. Dad got back in the truck and started driving. “Dad?” I questioned. “Yes sweetie?” I heard some tears from dad “Are you okay?” I asked patting his shoulder and he said “yes I am” I nodded “I understand how you feel, I feel the same way…” he then nodded and said “We must keep moving.”