Chapter 14 - Cupcakes

Start from the beginning

"Oh no! I mixed the colours together again!" Said Yuri in distress trying to make a pocadot pattern on a cupcake, but failed.

"Hey it's fine Yuri, but you lucky you chose pinks and purple for the colours." Said Natsuki patting her friends back.

"Why is that?" Asked Yuri slightly puffing and huffing out of frustration.

"Well with pinks and purple you can just mix the two colours together in a big blob of icing and it will look fine." Smiled Natsuki putting both her hands on her hips.

"Is that so?" Said Yuri taking Natsukis advice and started to mix the two colours together, to erase the failed pattern.

"Yep. Pink and purple are the best couple and go well together." Said Natsuki before her oxygen was cut off at the sudden increase of heat to her head.
"I DIDN'T MEAN US!!!" Quickly exclaimed Natsuki, as red as a tomato, waving her hands around like a loonatic.

"I-I know!" Said Yuri not having thought that for a minute until Natsuki mentioned it, making Yuri also blush. After avoiding eye contact and being in a small silence, Natsuki decided to break it before the silence turned awkward.

"Also, you can never go wrong if you draw a smily face in the cupcake. Or any basic shapes like a heart, star and even a cloud or something." Said Natsuki, still not looking at Yuri.

"Thank you Natsuki! I think I'll do a star next if that's the case." Said Yuri smiling sweaty as she began to do the next cupcake. Natsuki turned around to look at her crush and blushed at the lovely smile she was wearing.

"So...what colour you making the star?" Asked Natsuki.

"Probably yellow." Said Yuri getting the container with the yellow icing.

"Hey! Leave enough for my smily faces!" Jokingly warned Natsuki with a toothy grin.

"Yes your majesty, queen of the yellow." Sarcastically said Yuri rolling her eyes. They both ended up giggling at the jokes.

/~~~~~~~~~~~/Upstairs\~~~~~~~~~~~\

When Monika and Sayori stealthily got back to Monika's room, instead of going back to work, Sayori belly flopped onto Monika's bed and baried her face in Monika's pillow, whimpering clearly upset. Monika sighed and chuckled after she closed the door and lied down next to Sayori on the bed, but Monika was on her back, her fingers intertwined on her chest as she smiled.

"You really wanted those cupcakes huh?" Said Monika patiently waiting for a response. Sayori just kicked her legs multiple times, still making those cute wining noises.

"Something else is bothering you isn't it? You know you can tell me." Calmly said Monika as she turned to her side to face Sayori, her head resting on her right hand as the other patted Sayori on her upper back.

Sayori then helled her self up on her elbows in a cat-like stretching pose, moving Monika's hand down to her lower back, making Monika blush before it disappeared.

"I know it's stupid but, me and...MC u-used to bake like that too whenever his mum would arrange a playdate with me..." Said Sayori smiling sadly. Monika could tell a cloud was forming, so she had to be quick and get Sayori's mind off MC.

"Remember the time we made pancakes and you somehow managed to set the kitchen on fire?" Said Monika smiling at the memory. Sayori snapped her head to look at Monika blushing madly.

"I didn't mean too! It was an accident!" Screamed Sayori very embarrassed.

"We had to use a fire extinguisher because of how bad it was." Said Monika giggling to herself.