Chapter 14 - Cupcakes

Start from the beginning

'Thank god! That was a good save! Good job me.' thought Monika mentally patting herself on the back.

Monika and Sayori continued to discuss ideas, going back and forth between designs and colours. It took them a few tries before they got a nice design they both liked and agreed on. Then Sayori realised something.

"Hey Monika, do you think Natsuki and Yuri are ok? I'm still not convinced they won't kill each other. I bet yesterday was a flook." Stated Sayori looking at Monika seriously.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that." Said Monika smirking to herself, because she had figured out long ago that Yuri and Natsuki both like each other. Or loved each other, hard to say.

"What makes you say that?" Asked Sayori raising a brow.

"I know something about them that neither one of them know about each other. If we leave them alone, I think they will realise it sooner or later. If they don't then they're just as oblivious as MC, no offence Sayori." Said Monika bluntly.

"None taken. But what do you mean?" Said Sayori biting the back of her pen a little puzzled.

"Oh, that they like each other of course." Calmly said Monika as if it was normal. Sayori's eyes widened and she dropped her pen.

"You sure?! They're always arguing!" Said Sayori knowing that Monika's words were always trustworthy.

"That means they bring out sides of each other no one else sees." Said Monika, her smirk growing.

"How long have you known?!" Asked Sayori shocked.

"I'll admit, I wasn't sure at first, but after watching them for the past year I have concluded that they like each other 100%." Said Monika pointing at the ceiling.

"If I didn't know you so well I'd think you were crazy..." Sighed Sayori.

"Buuuuut...?" Purred Monika extending the word.

"But, I do know you and I know for a fact you only ever make a bold statement when your 100% sure your right. Quote from you, oh mighty one!" Giggled Sayori as she bowed in front of Monika.

"No need to thank me oh mortal one. I know I'm amazing, I don't need you to tell me that." Smirked Monika, crossing her arms while keeping her chin up high.

"Geez Monika, can you at least try to be modest?" Said Sayori getting up and putting both hands on her hips, now sitting up right on her knees.

"No can do. Not in my programming I'm afraid." Giggled Monika as she shrugged.

"Who do I need to call to change that?" Asked Sayori in a joking tone.

"Team Salvato, but they're a bit busy right now so I wouldn't bother them." Said Monika.

"Team what now?" Asked Sayori tilting her head a little in confusion.

"Well to us they are technically god's, but to others just regular people." Said Monika shrugging.

"Yep. You've gone crazy." Announced Sayori now ignoring Monika and continuing with the panflips.

They continued to talk and work piecefuly until they were left in a comfortable silence, however the more time passed, the more Sayori wanted to check on Natsuki and Yuri. After Sayoriade eye contact with the brunette and used her best puppy eyes, Monika sighed and knew idsactlly what Sayori wanted. So Monika grabbed her hand and took Sayori calmly down the stairs.

After getting down the stairs they both saw Yuri wasn't at the table, meaning she was probably in the kitchen with Natsuki. When they reached the kitchen door that was slightly open, Monika and Sayori nod at each other signalling they both agreed on sneak attacking there friends. But once they peeked through the gap of the door, they both decided to retreat and leave them be. They saw Yuri helping Natsuki decorate the cupcakes and Natsuki was showing Yuri how to do it and for some reason, Yuri wasn't freaking out like she usually did whenever she did something wrong. They were both just talking and smiling and overall looking like they were having fun and were very happy.